Author Topic: GREYBOONE - A snowy mountains map pack  (Read 4514 times)

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
GREYBOONE - A snowy mountains map pack
« on: May 20, 2018, 06:06:51 pm »
Just gonna post the description from my deviantart, also gonna go ahead and include some rules!  Check the very bottom of the post for the download.

for larger preview, bc for some reason this shrank, see here !  https://www.deviantart.com/rookfox/art/GREYBOONE-PUBLIC-MAP-2018-745694688

Greyboone's Mountains were previously used for our temporary and private role play, "Akiak" which told the story of a sled dog team who ends up crashing down a slope they cannot climb up again.  This crash results in the eventual death of their dear person, and the group is left to fend for themselves.  Out of the several team members, only two or three made it to the end of the role play session.  I made this map for just a temporary role play, I would hate to see it go to waste.  I'll leave you here with an introduction and small plot we had going for Greyboone's territories, and then you're free to either build on that and use the plot, or come up with something completely different for your own role play and purposes.

GREYBOONE is at the heart of many trails, slopes and hunting places.  It is also the heart of treachery and desperation among predators.  The winter is seemingly endless amongst the land, making the slopes that surround it covered in ice and snow just as Greyboone is.  This has resulted in the crashes of several sled dog teams among these slopes, and the loss of hunting dogs whom stray just a bit too far into it's reaches.  Besides the occasional lost dog, the area is far more rich in foxes, wolves, and cougars, whom fight amongst each other constantly for the same resources that Greyboone has to offer.
The area is generally untouched by humans, who intend to preserve it's wildlife, and who intend to not get eaten by predators or lost to the constantly worsening weather conditions.  There have even been search parties sent to Greyboone who simply do not return.

This offers the option for several interesting role play perspectives :
- crashed sled dog teams, confused by the wilders and desperate to find rescue that will likely never come.
- wandering hunting dogs, always confused as to why their person never followed them or came looking for them... at least they know how to hunt for food.
- conniving cougars, who remain hidden until the night or dreadful snowstorms arrive... you only see them because they let you see them.
- cunning foxes, who know exactly how to play the gullible to their own advantage, and how to steal or sneak their way to their next meal.
- or, whatever you want, because at the end of the day, what Greyboone really is and what stories it really holds is completely up to you/your groups imagination.

With the base description aside, I'd like to go over some quick quick rules!

1.  no, you don't have to use any of the posted plot for your role play.  If you wanted to call the map Smelly Boy Peak for your role play and say a bunch of giant dragons live there, that's a okay.  That was simply the preferred/base plot we had going and since the RP has ended, I wanted to share in case others were interested in building off of it!

2.  Please be respectful of other people in the map!  While I think it's great to role play with anyone and everyone, I also think it's great to let people hold private role play sessions if they or their role play need it (although if that IS the case, consider party?).

3.  Please don't claim the map!  The map was made by in game user leda, or user Rookfox.  "Credit to the person who made it" is lazy, and is not credit!

4.  Camps and dens are first come first serve.  If you and another group are fighting over it and don't know who came first, consider seeking a different camp, give it to the bigger/more active group, or block each other completely while RPing.  There's no reason to fight over a silly camp.

5.  Please don't come to me with questions until you've read the map DL read me!  It's very frustrating when I spend two hours writing those and people don't even look at them.  Just take a gander before PMing/commenting below, will ya?

OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES...
- The map was originally going to be expanded on, but I lost all of the map files and wasn't able to ever build on them.  Near the entrance by a small source of water, you may find a portal that has no map attached to it.  This is normal, and just something I never got to.
- If you experience other missing map files though, please let me know so I can look into it and check the download.
- If you're experiencing missing textures, reinstall and thoroughly follow the read me.  If nothing comes of that, comment below and again I will check the download.
- If you experience any lag, crashing or bad tokens, check the read me for a guide on that, but do keep in mind that part of that is simply FeralHeart being an older game.
- Lastly, I don't recommend lighting mods and such with Greyboone's mainland unless your computer is high up there.  The mainland is large and although I can run it fine, I would still say it's a bit iffy with mods like that.  Consider turning them off, or deleting Greyboone's weather file if you're leaving them on.

And FINALLY, you have made it to the map download.  I'll be ya didn't read all of that them there above ^ , but just know I recommend it!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:43:02 pm by leda »
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: GREYBOONE - A snowy mountains map pack
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:28:22 pm »
Woahhhh! This looks really neat. Going to download and check it out right now<3
Farewell everyone<3

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:41:21 pm »
thank you for 165 downloads !! ;v; <3
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 10:03:56 pm »
There's one issue I have with this map. If you fall down the slopes as a character without wings, it's very difficult to get back up. This is especially a problem because the entrance portal (the portal that'll take you back to the Cape of Distant Worlds) is located right on top of the slope, making it hard to go back without the "go home" function or without giving your character wings.

Other than that, it's very nice and it seems like you've had a lot of work with it. I'll be busy trying to sniff out the secrets of the map - it's going to take another while.

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 05:18:36 am »
There's one issue I have with this map. If you fall down the slopes as a character without wings, it's very difficult to get back up. This is especially a problem because the entrance portal (the portal that'll take you back to the Cape of Distant Worlds) is located right on top of the slope, making it hard to go back without the "go home" function or without giving your character wings.

Other than that, it's very nice and it seems like you've had a lot of work with it. I'll be busy trying to sniff out the secrets of the map - it's going to take another while.

I just wanted to acknowledge this because I've heard this a few times;  this was because it was originally intended for just a private small sled dog role play for some close friends, we all had just one character knowing it was temporary, and the RP began with them crashing down the slope.  For what reason unknown the height and realism of the slope was important to me, I guess because I wanted it to actually look like they couldn't get back up?  and then it actually turned out like that when it was done.
As the RP came to an end I wanted to edit it so I could release it, which included finishing the missing map file, and of course the portal set there for the start of the RP, but my Mac crashed, so I no longer had the editable file for that.

I've found you just have to go up at an angle around the curve of the rocky part and dash up, then I can get up in a second or two then... still, I know that's annoying!

So sorry about the portal placement.  I hope you enjoy besides that.  Thanks for the input! <3

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 06:14:03 pm »
Oh wow, this looks really good! Totally gonna have a look-see soon. I love snowy places so, I'm sure this is gonna be a absolute joy!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 08:35:59 pm »
Greyboone looks fascinating. Very neatly done, I must say. +floof
Keep up the fantastic work, and thank you for sharing!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:38:03 pm by MoonlitSaint »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 11:04:04 pm »
Oh gosh, you are so amazing at this stuff.
These look dang near perfect! (:
It doesn't look barren at all, but it's not over-cluttered either. You did a very wonderful job!
Love the variety as well.
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 11:10:53 pm »
this looks hella detailed

im a sucker for snowy maps with a lot of little bits and bobs all around

how long did this take you?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 11:38:15 am »
That’s a great looking map, It looks like it has a lot of detail. I’m excited to try i out. Thank you for posting this +floof

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox