Author Topic: [1.06 - 1.07] Rush Mountain - Map pack - COMPLETE! (3/3)  (Read 8417 times)

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
[1.06 - 1.07] Rush Mountain - Map pack - COMPLETE! (3/3)
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:04:52 pm »
This map is finaly complete XD after a small month of work, the download i now up ^^

Walktrough
Here is an (I hope easy) guid to download and install the map.

Downloading the map
- download the map here = http://www.mediafire.com/?p619hnm2cdx60az
- this is a rarfile, if you don't have winrar you can not open it. Here (= http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html) you download a free and good version of winrar to unrar this file.
- open the rarfile, you will get a long list of things. all of them have a place. but first, svae thel somewhere on your pc (I made a map under documents as back up. I placed them there ... if you ever need to reinstall your game, you already have  backup of that map)
- so, now you opened the rarfile and saved it on your pc. time to install the map

Installing the map
- there are different files, some of them need to be on another place.
- the 2 music files (mp3 format called RyshMountain and KuchomaValley), need to go in your SOUND folder. Not music, not export. In the sound folder, otherwise you will here nothing.
- the water.material file and the 2 texture file (both png) must go to your object folder? to make it easy, place them in your my_object folder. But this water mat is the same as the original watermat, I only added a texture. So you can also overwrite your own water mat, nothing will go wrong.
- all the other files (the map files, sky, wheather, objects, ....) must go into the export folder.
- so the music in the sound folder, the water mat + tex in the object folder and the rest into exports.
- now open your FH game, go to the cape of distant worlds and search for the portal with the name Rush Mountain.

This map was tested multiple times, so if you can't see something, then you did something wrong.
if there are trouble, please ask.

Rush Mountain
Link to download here = http://www.mediafire.com/?p619hnm2cdx60az
My second try to make a map ... or more maps. This will be a small map pack. It started with making a map for a
friend her pride, but turned into making a small world to create more fun. So I hope I can give you that fun :D

This is gonna be a small map pack, holding 3 maps
- Rush Mountain (Finished)
- Taneli Tunnel (WIP)
- Kuchoma valley (WIP)

Details
Working time: 10h
Size:
- Rush Mountain = 15000
- Taneli Tunnel - 15000
- Kuchoma Valley - 15000

Latest update
- finaly finsihed and the link is now in the topic :D
- Kuchoma Valley is now also finished ^^ I try to export the maps asap to make a download. but give me time ^^
- Tenali tunnel is now also finished ^^ Kuchoma valley should follow soon and then I can put up the download ;p
- Rush Mountain is finished (finally)
Now I can start with the other 2 maps, though they shouldn't take so much time

Rules
- You are not allowed to claim a den without my permission. if you have an rp and you want your pride:group/pack in one of these maps, you first need to ask me permission. Then you go a test time. I will check how active you are. Unactive pack/prides can not claim a den ...
- if you say people claiming a den and it's not writing in this topic, tell me!!
- all credits for the meshes goes to their rightfull owners. I didn't made any mesh, I just had fun with a lot or re-texturing XD
- be nice to all players ... you do not yell, flame, blame or chase anybody out!!

Screens
Rush Mountain
the allround sky gives you a closed felling, like you are in a huge mountain. it's sometimes raining in there :)
the map on it's own isn't so big, but because you can't run straight it gives you the feeling it's much bigger.
there are enough dens and cave in it to hold surely 5 prides.

portal
the portal, entrance to the map pack. to go to the other maps, you need to find the black portal

S-cave
one of the smaller caves, good for small pride or pack. located next to the S-mountain on a small island.

waterworld
when you fall into the river, you at least see something XD maybe you find the treasure p

dead temple
this was once a sacred place, now it's broken ... it's seems to losing it's life and glow ...

Pride den
ride den is the biggest den you will find in the map. located in it's own canyon. it holds 3 different caves

Crystal cave
A big cave with a small crystal cave and crystal trees. a magical place to life

X----------X------------X--------------X
Taneli Tunnel
Taneli Tunnel is the way between Rush Mountain and Kuchoma Valley. and incave river show you the way
from a magical place to a place of fire and demons. You will find only a few caves in here

When you enter Tenali Tunnel, you see this :)

There are 2 small lakes in this tunnel. This is one of them

One of the 2 dens that can be found, tough this one doesn't lay on the the main road. Do you dare to explore this tunnel?

The second den at the second lake. At a few at the end of the tunnel ... though it's seems to be hot and dangerous there. is Kuchoma Valley then not green?

Kuchoma Valley
A place located next to a volcano. the grounds are hot and lavastreams are running trough the land. You will find almost no life in this place, except for the demons and devils that are living and hiding in here ...

One of the dens, located next to a lavastream. in the den they have their own lavalake and a lavawaterfall XD and damn, it's hot in there

Hot spa resort XD but before you jump in there, you maybe first check if it's really water you can find in there ...

They say the dinosaurs were killed my a meteor ... well, these guess don't have so much luck either

A look at the volcano ... a sleeping volcano, so you are lucky ... but are you brave enough to climb that mountain and take  a look inside?

Credits
- the tutorial to change the colour of the crystals was a big help. - http://feral-heart-art.deviantart.com/gallery/30800043#/d3ipyqs
- Some items are from other players
-- http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=5107.0 - The Original Hammy
-- Thanks to Becky for helping with the Tree meshes and the lava stream
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:48:18 am by GotaCacel »

Offline kasiawar98

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
    • View Profile
Re: [1.06] Rsuh Mountain (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:36:14 pm »
Maybe add more pictures? Promises to be interesting ...

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:11:31 pm »
Maybe add more pictures? Promises to be interesting ...

I just started ... can't give more picture.
will come when I finished other parts.

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:01:01 am »
added 2 new screenshots ;p

FoxfangPitbull

Re: [1.06] Rush Mountain (WIP)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 12:03:04 pm »
This is sooo epic :D

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: [1.06] Rush Mountain (WIP)
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:08:09 pm »
and I am not even done yet XD if 25% is finished, I guess that would be already a lot ^^
I am working place for place. Next is the river edge :)

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: [1.06] Rush Mountain - New screens (WIP)
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 03:39:01 pm »
added new screens ;p

alphafemale143

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 04:26:49 pm »
Your map making skills amaze me <3 xD I grow jelous! xD!

Offline [~*_*~]

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Peekaboo.
    • View Profile
    • Leo's Pride -Underconstruction
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »
Wow, Nice map Amazing~

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 05:54:23 pm »
thank you ^^
I learn these things pretty fast :)