Author Topic: .:Johari Mzimu:. ~The Jewel Ghosts~ [With Pictures!]  (Read 33892 times)

Offline RaivenWings

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • xxraivenwingsxx.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
.:Johari Mzimu:. ~The Jewel Ghosts~ [With Pictures!]
« on: June 25, 2011, 11:03:04 am »
Johari Mzimu
The Jewel Ghosts

Appearance:

About Johari Mzimu:
 Johari Mzimu live up to one hundred twenty years, reaching maturity and breeding age at around five to ten years. Males over the age of fifty usually have full manes, where as both males and females of younger age have half manes, females never growing full manes. Half manes usually grow in just before maturity, at about three years or so.
They have large, bulky bodies and long snake-tails, which, although do not have a separate brain, sometimes have a will of their own and can act like a second pair of eyes as well as a means of attack. At a very young age, right after weaning, Johari Mzimu grow large sabre-like fangs, which can grow and shrink at will.
Because of the small size of the island of Johari Mzimu, the numbers have never grown beyond fifty purebred Johari Mzimu. Although most live their entire lives on the island, every once in a while one might leave and find a mate elsewhere, therefor spreading the Johari Mzimu genes beyond the island and creating hybrids. Johari Mzimu are able to breed with any large feline, anywhere from lions to cheetahs, creating bizarre but beautiful hybrids. Hybrids retain the vaporization power, but most of the time hybrids lack any other affinities. The average litter is three, with the maximum being seven and minimum being one.

Abilities:
Every Johari Mzimu has the miraculous power to turn into a mist or vapor at will, and back. Johari Mzimu usually are able to use this power correctly at about three years of age, give or take. Sightings of a Johari Mzimu just coming out of this form appear to be a vapor with glowing eyes that resemble gems, giving them their Swahili name Johari Mzimu.  Along side this ability, each Johari Mzimu have their own unique power. For example one animal may be more in touch with fire, where as another has an affinity for space. These powers range in type, power, and strength depending on the individual, although most of these powers are minor and are not used much. Many forget these powers from lack of using them, and now it is said that some Johari Mzimu are being born without powers besides vaporization.

Diet:
Being of carnivorous origin, these big cat-like creatures will eat most herd animals. Smaller prey, such as rabbits or birds, will not fill a Johari Mzimu and are not usual prey. They can and will, however, eat fruit and berries if hungry enough, using their snake's mouth (which does not connect to the stomach and works more like a pocket with teeth) to pick and carry berries for trips if needed.

Origin:
Many generations before, a lesser lion god and a chimera fell in love, producing over twenty unique and gifted cubs. Those cubs all left to find mates. However, in their quests, all but seven survived due to hunters and other causes. Gathering their remaining children and their mates, the lion god and his chimerarian mate used the last of their aging powers to create an island, a paradise, for their children and their mates before passing on to the next life. The seven demi-gods became the rulers of the island as their kin thrived upon the island. To this day the seven symbols of their powers still rest upon the island, supposedly watching over their beloved kin.

Map:
The Island of Johari Mzimu
A few notices about the map:
~ There are a ton of trees and a few particles that may make older computer's lag. If you download and find it laggy, go to Options ingame, then Video, then Water Reflection and uncheck. You can turn it back on whenever you'd like by checking it again.
~ Upon entering the map through the cape, on the loading screen hold S. The portal is on a slight slope and if you don't hold S while going into the map, your character will slide back into the portal and take you back to the cape (Fail on my part, I know XD).
~ Anyone can enter and download the map as a fun place to escape the main maps or just to look around, but if you want to roleplay please either make a Johari Mzimu character or contact me if you'd like to use the map for your own roleplay or anything else. I don't bite :3
~ I do not claim ANY of the wonderful meshes, textures, sounds and particles located in this map. The credit belongs to many users of FeralHeart from maps or downloads that said they can be used for your own maps. If I am wrong about anything used in my map, someone please let me know and I will take it out of the map .I have no problem admitting if I've made a mistake. :)
~

Some Pictures of Johari Mzimu in FeralHeart

Kuogopa and his sister Nyota spending the night in a hollow log on the beach of the island.

Nyota and her sister Ziwa

Jua (male) and Nyota (female).

Kuogopa, a slightly younger male than Jua.

Ziwa, my first Johari Mzimu, taking a drink.

Another image to Ziwa.

A more detailed image of the Johari Mzimu's average stats, with Ziwa as an example. Remember, she's female, so males will be slightly larger than her.

If you'd like to make your own Johari Mzimu, fill out this form and post here.

Code: [Select]
[img]Full body shot image url here[/img]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Name Meaning:[/b] (All of the Johari Mzimu that were born on the island have Swahili names. Keep that in mind.)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Parents:[/b]
[b]Siblings:[/b]
[b] Affinity/s:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Short Bio:[/b]
[b]Forum/In-game Username(s):[/b]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:10:32 am by Raiven »

Check out my preset commissions! Currently 50% off!]

Offline RaivenWings

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: .:Johari Mzimu:. ~The Jewel Ghosts~ [With Pictures!]
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:34:38 am »
Accepted Johari Mzimu

Name: Ziwa
Name Meaning: Lake or sea
Parents: Unknown (Deceased) X Unknown (Deceased)
Siblings: Kuogopa (Brother) and Nyota (sister)
Affinity/s: While her main gift is water, she may have slight healing powers.
Personality: Ziwa is quiet, caring and usually docile. She's a natural healer and is good with cubs. However, ticking her off is a grave mistake, as she will defend what she believes in with her life. She loves to explore and try new things.
Short Bio: -To Come-
Forum/In-game Username(s): Raiven/RaivenWings

Name: Kuogopa or Kuo for short
Name Meaning: Fear
Siblings: Ziwa (sister) and Nyota (sister)
Affinity/s: He earned his name from the power to strike fear into anyone's heart at will.
Personality: Always an outcast, Kuo usually dislikes others and is usually a loner. Distrusting and slightly aggressive, he's hard to like. However, he is extremely loyal to his family and those he trusts. He will put everything on the line for his two sisters, Ziwa and Nyota.
Forum/In-game Username(s): Raiven/RaivenWings

Name: Nyota
Name Meaning: Star
Siblings: Kuogopa (Brother) and Ziwa (sister)
Affinity/s: Although Nyota has some space-related gifts, she has more of a knack for water.
Personality: Nyota is a small-built female who refuses to take anyone's crap. She has a fairly short tempter, but is not mean otherwise. She loves her family, and if you get to know her, and gain friendship with this Johari Mzimu, you gain a friend for life. (RP with me and find out more, I'm still working on her personality.)
Forum/In-game Username(s): GracieGirl23

Name: Kikomo
Name Meaning: Limit
Parents: ?X?
Siblings: N/A
Affinity/s: Ice
Personality: Mysterious, Quiet, Motherly, Soft Spoken
Short Bio: Will develop with abit of Role Playing.
Forum/In-game Username(s):Shiro

Name: Sanura
Name Meaning: Young cat; kitten
Parents: Unknown X Unknown
Siblings: None
Affinity/s: Earth
Personality: Sanura is a rather reserved young feline.  She isn't shy, she just doesn't offer information unless asked directly.  She also has problems discussing personal information, be it for medical reasons, or if someone is simply curious.  However, she is a very insecure individual.  In her eyes, she is worth very little, and she is unable to do things well.  Her self-worth is almost non-existent.  Despite this, she is hard-working, working diligently until the task is complete or she is told to stop.  This can be a bad thing at time, because she doesn't know when she has too much on her plate.  She's fallen ill from lack of sleep and over-working several times, much to her embarrassment.  She's extremely trusting, believing in the best of anyone she meets.  She is often taken advantage of because of this, and she never seems to learn her lesson.  She has a realistic view on life, neither hoping for the best nor fearing for the worst.  She knows that life is what you make of it, and she works to make it what she wants.
Short Bio:  Sanura had an average childhood.  Well, average for one who had no parents.  Once she became old enough, she started to explore the world outside of the island.
Forum/In-game Username(s): Toast (Forum)/Toast and Jam (In-Game)

Name:Asili
Name Meaning: Nature
Parents: N/A
Siblings:N/A
Affinity/s:Fire,Earth.              
Personality: Gentle, Protective, and Strong Willed
Forum/In-game Username(s):Forum:Kierra In-Game:DeathHowl

Name: Kivuli
Name Meaning: Shade (^__^ teehee)
Parents: Unknown x Unknown
Siblings: none
Affinity/s: Space
Personality: Calm, quiet, and long tempered for the most part. She is very opinionated, and very strong willed, she is deadly fast, and silent. She can be very serious, and mean, a killer, but also still has her puppy side. She is not one to make angry
Short Bio: Kivuli doesn't remember her childhood, she awoke one morning on the shores on Daimon Island. She has tried to find her way since then.

Name:Adimu
Name Meaning: Rare
Parents: Deceased
Siblings:Deceased
Affinity/s:Earth
Personality:Adimu Is usually quiet and by herself and Shy.
Short Bio:Will develop in rp
Forum/In-game Username(s): Zoeyy/ILoveYou

Name: Upendo
Name Meaning: Love/Loving
Parents: Unknown (deceased) x Unknown (deceased)
Affinity/s: Upendo tends to have her emotions effect others around her.
Personality: Loving | Sweet | Caring | Protective | Gentle
Short Bio: -is going brain dead-
Forum/In-game Username(s): Freak_90/Freak_90

Name: Akida
Name Meaning: Cheif, Officer
Parents: Unkown (Deceased) x Unkown (Deceased)
Siblings: Unkown
Affinity/s: Snake (Able to turn into one and Put them in a trance), Sky
Personality: Grumpy, Retired, He gets bored a lot,
Short Bio: Akida Had a Long life but he was mostly sleepy Never wants to get up but He Hunts to Stay Alive
Forum/In-game Username(s): copper4me

Name: Tumaini
Name Meaning: Trust
Parents: N/A
Siblings: N/A
Affinity/s: Energy/Electricity. She is able to sense energy fields(yeah weird I know. I wanted to be unique)
Personality: Very quiet and shy, protective, trustworthy, respectful, obedient(sometimes...>:3)
Short Bio: (None yet, will eventually develop through RP I guess)
Forum/In-game Username(s): HowlStar

Name: Ayita
Name Meaning: first to dance in Cherokee, was born off the island yet found her way there.
Parents: dead
Siblings: dead
Affinity/s: shadows
Personality:quiet and usually by herself, she is found creepy. when you first meet her you would think she was a mute, but, she is not. at times she can be talkative, but rarely, it takes a lot to get her trust.
Short Bio: uh... need to think
Forum/In-game Username(s): sukira forum, Aelitastar in game

Name: Raamah
Name meaning: Thunder
Parents: Unknown
Affinities:"thuder roar" (basicly a sonic type thing, good for annoying the hell out people but not very strong) and lightning claws
Personality: Sweet and shy this young lad likes to play and prowl alone in the cool nights.[/g]
Bio: At birth his parents vanished, and he was raised by an old hermit female until see passed away from old age when the lad was 8 leaving him and his childish ways to grow alone.[/g]
In-game name: Zarinthya (im on ALL the time)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:18:21 am by Raiven »

Offline Ryoko

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • ?As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 02:27:06 am »
Mind if I make one?

Offline RaivenWings

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:23:02 am »
Feel free :3

Offline xShadex

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • http://toritheelf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 04:34:36 pm »

Name: Kivuli
Name Meaning: Shade (^__^ teehee)
Parents: Unknown x Unknown
Affinity/s: Space
Personality: Calm, quiet, and long tempered for the most part. She is very opinionated, and very strong willed, she is deadly fast, and silent. She can be very serious, and mean, a killer, but also still has her puppy side. She is not one to make angry
Short Bio: Kivuli doesn't remember her childhood, she awoke one morning on the shores on Daimon Island. She has tried to find her way since then.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:58:00 am by Tori Hall »
Edhal Huan Go here to see my species. :3

Offline Tiro

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 05:01:10 pm »
Do you mind if I make one? These sound amazing. I can't resist. <33

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:02 am »

Name: Sanura
Name Meaning: Young cat; kitten
Parents: Unknown X Unknown
Affinity/s: Earth
Personality: Sanura is a rather reserved young feline.  She isn't shy, she just doesn't offer information unless asked directly.  She also has problems discussing personal information, be it for medical reasons, or if someone is simply curious.  However, she is a very insecure individual.  In her eyes, she is worth very little, and she is unable to do things well.  Her self-worth is almost non-existent.  Despite this, she is hard-working, working diligently until the task is complete or she is told to stop.  This can be a bad thing at time, because she doesn't know when she has too much on her plate.  She's fallen ill from lack of sleep and over-working several times, much to her embarrassment.  She's extremely trusting, believing in the best of anyone she meets.  She is often taken advantage of because of this, and she never seems to learn her lesson.  She has a realistic view on life, neither hoping for the best nor fearing for the worst.  She knows that life is what you make of it, and she works to make it what she wants.
Short Bio:  Sanura had an average childhood.  Well, average for one who had no parents.  Once she became old enough, she started to explore the world outside of the island.
Forum/In-game Username(s): Toast (Forum)/Toast and Jam (In-Game)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:34:24 pm by Toast »

Offline RaivenWings

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:21 pm »
Sanura is beautiful :) thanks for making one!

And yes Tiro you may make one :)

Offline RaivenWings

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:14:46 pm »
Tori Hall I love the way Kivuli looks, but the species is feline in every way. If you fix that you'll be accepted :)

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 12:47:39 am »
Hey Raiven, once I get a new name for her, I will apply Amber. :)