Author Topic: Problem With Log-In Page (Solved?)  (Read 5536 times)

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Instagram: unidinofied || pfp ; cherries <3
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • channel/UCg2MMF5RiqA5jAa0H8ruktA
    • View Profile
Problem With Log-In Page (Solved?)
« on: February 26, 2020, 06:56:29 pm »
[Update: I have been able to sign in for around 3 days now. I don't know what was changed or what happened, but I'm glad it's working now.]

Yesterday this same issue happened with my Sister.

We use Hotel Wifi on a Laptop, which I know isn't the best, but gets us by in our current situation.
We have never had any problems before until now. I will pull up the Log-In page, try to connect, and it seems to be loading but then says nothing and does nothing, and I know I have the right password/user, I've retyped it and had it saved multiple times.

I tried looking in the Big Help Thread, Ask around, but no one except us seems to have this issue.
Currently, I am able to run the internet fine, even with people on it.
The only idea I have is that I recently re-downloaded my FH, and she recently re-downloaded Markings and Items, maybe it was a site-virus?

I don't know, but even after re-downloading both of those, our FH worked for a while.
Is there just an update going on I haven't heard about?
I'd really like a reply, considering I have a Group to run and keep active...

Edit: I just tried to Log-In on both of my accounts, and it just 'refreshes' the page back onto my first original account, but still doesn't allow me to get into the game or Log-In, I don't think I'm banned either...
Edit #2: Tried separately logging on the game without the site just to see if I had a 'ban' notice, and it just says I can't connect... what am I missing?
Edit #3: Another thing I realized is that I tried downloading Imperial Lands, a game made by a good member of the FH community (which, I unfortunately couldn't test multiplayer on... thanks Laptop), maybe the download had something to do with it? I highly highly doubt a problematic download would completely mess with a Log-In site, let alone a FH Member would allow a post/download/forum site like that to be accessible. However, if that was the case, my Sister didn't download it, so it couldn't have been that.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:57:17 am by RottMutt »

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Problem With Log-In Page
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 07:13:06 pm »
Hey there! Sorry you're experiencing difficulties with the login page, that thing really is a pain!!

Have you tried logging in using a different browser? Perhaps try clearing cache and cookies as well. The game download itself shouldn't be affecting your ability to login to the play game page.

You are amazing <3

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 07:19:39 pm »
Hey there! Sorry you're experiencing difficulties with the login page, that thing really is a pain!!

Have you tried logging in using a different browser? Perhaps try clearing cache and cookies as well. The game download itself shouldn't be affecting your ability to login to the play game page.
I haven't tried a different browser, mainly because Chrome is much faster for me and has always worked, but I'll try it now. Also, I don't really know how to 'clear the cache and cookies', is there a tutorial around perhaps?

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 07:22:50 pm »

I haven't tried a different browser, mainly because Chrome is much faster for me and has always worked, but I'll try it now. Also, I don't really know how to 'clear the cache and cookies', is there a tutorial around perhaps?

Explorer seemed to do the same thing, except this time removed my User and Password and made me retype it all completely.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 07:38:07 pm »
Ooh yea, explorer is poo haha To clear your cookies and cache on Chrome, you can follow this easy tutorial: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-clear-cookies-browsing-history-and-cache/chrome

You are amazing <3

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 07:46:36 pm »
Ooh yea, explorer is poo haha To clear your cookies and cache on Chrome, you can follow this easy tutorial: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-clear-cookies-browsing-history-and-cache/chrome

I just tried replying to this and it kicked me off my account- Anyways, the clear didn't seem to work and I'm unsure what else to do to perhaps solve this problem, any other methods I could try?

SpicyDirt

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 08:00:40 pm »
You could always try using Edge, heh. But do you happen to have an automatic page refresher?

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 08:03:07 pm »
You could always try using Edge, heh. But do you happen to have an automatic page refresher?

I don't, but I never really had a problem with manually refreshing it, or allowing myself to get disconnected and then reconnecting after it.
(Also, I looked up Edge, but I either haven't downloaded it or I have no access to it- I have a Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop if that makes any difference x-x)

SpicyDirt

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 08:10:35 pm »
Ahh an oldie, heh. Have you tried opening the login page on your phone?

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 08:14:33 pm »
Ahh an oldie, heh. Have you tried opening the login page on your phone?

Just tried it, and it also didn't seem to work, just a same old reset...
I estimate it could be the Hotel Wi-Fi, because... come on... Hotel Wi-Fi is garbage, but I've been using it since May 2019 for FH, and I've never had this issue, and we haven't had any sort of notice that something has changed with it...