Author Topic: Weird thing with the log in page  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Weird thing with the log in page
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 12:58:43 am »
I get that you have to pay for the server but it just took me to uh.. hm.. nsfw site. And I don't want to see things like that. That's kind of drawing the line there. I'm pretty disgusted.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 02:11:25 am »
I have this problem too. I have all 3 adblocks.

I have Kaspersky, an anti-virus, to protect myself from the viruses, and I get it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I TRY TO LOGIN.

I get that you have to pay for the server, but it's just really weird.

Those 4 have protected my computer very well, but I can't really trust the internet as ads might try and download stuff.

I TRULY hope this gets fixed soon.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 03:01:36 am »
I get that you have to pay for the server but it just took me to uh.. hm.. nsfw site. And I don't want to see things like that. That's kind of drawing the line there. I'm pretty disgusted.

The ads themselves are not what we put there. The ads have more to do with the user's browser than the website causing those specific ads. I myself have never seen an inappropriate add, so it most likely has to do with your computer.

You shouldn't get a virus from it, though, as long as it's not clicked!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • TKC for life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 05:18:51 am »

The ads themselves are not what we put there. The ads have more to do with the user's browser than the website causing those specific ads. I myself have never seen an inappropriate add, so it most likely has to do with your computer.

You shouldn't get a virus from it, though, as long as it's not clicked!

I don't look up stuff like that. It's not possible it has anything to do with my browser. I'm really disgusted and honestly I'm pretty tempted to leave FH if I get another pop up like. I'm really disappointed in this. I didn't want to see that, I'm actually furious.

I'd also like to mention my friend has had a pop-up like the one I saw so no, it's not just me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 05:22:53 am by Kouvinxx »

Offline Afrus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 08:58:09 am »
What browser and what adblock are you using? I've heard of people running into these problems but I don't seem to have it happen to me. I'm running Chrome with the extension "Adblock Plus"

I am also running chrome with the extension adblock plus. And I also have another extension that prevents malicious uh, software and stuff from harming my computer.

What's that one called I may as well grab it too.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 02:13:05 pm »
I actually feel you're judging the ads rather harshly....
I don't use an ad-blocker here.
So I see what you see.

The forum recently had around a 40% reduction in ads.
Most of the ads around the site are simple banners which do not interfere with you in any way.

Then we have the popups your mentioning.
These are rigged to only appear once or twice a day which I don't believe is an unreasonable amount. Especially since some people simply have the login page bookmarked and never visit the rest of the site. These popups use some adblock bypass technology. If people are going to block everything else at least we get one single ad per day played to them. Which again I think is pretty reasonable.

Now this is taken from the ad companies FAQ
Is there any guarantee I will not get malware or virus through your tags?
We are serious about our publisher's property and manually select what kind of ads you display. We never accept suggestive or malicious content from our advertisers. You can also ban specific ads per your request and we will block it immediately.

Again I would say that's reasonable?
If you are getting a specific ad that you really don't feel is appropriate please screenshot it. Copy the link from the top too if you can. And message it to me, I will request its removal.

And if you're wondering about costs? For one we have to be on the Cloudflare business plan.
https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/
This outlay alone doesn't actually include anything to run the actual game, no storage, no servers etc.

I hope now you have a better understanding of why we do what we do.

And thank you for all those who turn off your ad-blockers to support FH.

Raz
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:36:03 pm by Razmirz »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • TKC for life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 05:19:05 pm »
I wasn't saying you shouldn't have ads. I never said that? I was just confused about the pop-ups. That's all. I was afraid because no one said anything about them so I thought I was the only one. Wouldn't you be a bit confused, hmm? I have ad block to protect my computer and I'm not about to switch it off for FH as I have had things trying to download itself onto my laptop, I'm not about to put my laptop in danger just for FH. I'm sorry, that's just not happening.

I will send you the link and a screenshot of the pop-up if I get it again. I'd also like to say I asked more people in-game about the pop-ups and what they see and yeah, they've had some pretty disgusting pop-ups. So I am not the only one.

Honestly this whole experience has just made me uncomfortable. I will not be asking for help again.. this really messed with my anxiety.
Just lock this now. Thanks.