Author Topic: The Wolf Wars- Fighting for Life (Ch. 3)  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Darastrix1

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
The Wolf Wars- Fighting for Life (Ch. 3)
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:35:57 pm »
Chapter 1- http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=9411.msg130712#msg130712

Chapter 2- http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=9560.0

The densite was encircled by thornbushes. On this snowy day, the thornbushes were without leaves, and their menace was stunning. A small tunnel allowed the members of the pack to pass in and out, and even they shivered at the fear their home sent into the air. Inside this prickly ring, Dark sat upon a pile of stones, his noble throne. His ears were erect, and his eyes were quick and icy, missing nothing that happened in his kingdom. He loomed over his pack like a stormcloud, and they winced as they walked by him.
Dark loved it here.
Glimmer squeezed into the densite, shook her sandy pelt, and padded quickly to her den.
"Glimmer." She came to a halt at her alpha's voice.
"Y-yes?" She stammered, looking up at him with her deep blue eyes. How lovely she was! Dark struggled to keep his composure.
"I'm going to go explore the Western territory. See what's out there. I'd like you to come with me." He turned his icy stare onto her.
"Um. . ." She looked at him uneasily, and his heart sank. So he was alpha now! Had she forgotten when they had played in the feilds together as pups, while the older wolves were hunting? Did that mean nothing anymore?
"Dark!" A sharp bark called his name. Glimmer took her chance and crept into the den as Sun ran into the camp. His golden fur was shining, even in the dull winter light, and in his mouth he carried a small, furry bundle. Frustrated by his timing, Dark glared at him.
"What? I'm busy!" He growled. Sun lowered his head and dropped the bundle onto the ground. Dark bent down. A pup! A small, black pup, whith strange, reddish underfur. The pup opened her ice-blue eyes and trembled as she looked up. A whimper escaped her jaws.
"W-who are you? Where am I?" Her eyes were full of fear. Dark looked down at her, unmoved.
"You are in the Moon Pack. Who are you?" he said flatly.
"I-I'm Ember." She whispered. "From the Feild Pack." Dark nodded sharply, then looked up at Sun.
"Take her to one of the females. They can deal with her. I have more important things to attend to."
With that, he whipped around and padded out of the densite, his lip curling with frustration. As he paced through his territory, images of the pup's scared eyes flashed in his mind, and a twinge of guilt hit him. It faded away when he remembered Glimmer's face, so pretty and yet so afraid. Afraid of him. Dark wanted all wolves afraid of him, but not her.
Then something else hit him. A scent. A scent that had been on Glimmer.
A Swift Pack scent.
"I knew it!" He snarled. "She's been with that Icewind again!" HE glared at the South, where the Swift pack wolves lived. "It was cute when we were pups, but now. . ."
HIs eyes lit up. His lip curled with menace.
"If I catch that scent one more time. . ." He snarled. "Icewind will die. Yes, and I will laugh as the life seeps out of him. Then we will see if any wolf dares to cross paths with Dark, the alpha of the Moon Pack." Laughter escaped from his mighty jaws, and Glimmer, who had felt guilty for rejecting his offer, was just about to join him when she heard these words. She sank to the ground in horror, her ears flat against her head.
"Oh no. . ." she whimpered. "What have I done?"

Neither of them though about Ember in the chaotic moons to come. But Silverwind, the pack healer, heard the whispers of the elements in her ears:
"A spirit of fire will come with the melting of the snow. If guided correctly, it will melt the hatred of the packs. If not. . . The world you know will be devoured by a great, blazing fire, hot as the sun and dark as the shadows."
She looked up at the sky, her eyes full of wisdom.
"I will guide her," she promised. "I will guide her."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:38:46 pm by Darastrix1 »

Offline liomangeoleo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • WELCOME
    • View Profile
    • the mana world rpg
Re: The Wolf Wars- Fighting for Life (Ch. 3)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:47:57 pm »
hehe wow this is going to take me some time to read but from what i read of chapter 1 im going to love it +nuzzle