Author Topic: Registration email. (Would like Red to anwser.)  (Read 3776 times)

Offline dead-wolf177

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Registration email. (Would like Red to anwser.)
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:50:29 am »
So, my sis wants to join the site (play the game.) Shes a huge animal freak, ect.

She registered about 3 weeks ago...activation email sent ect.
She 'waited' about 5-6 days, still no email. So she registered again, still no email. -.-"
What should my sis do?
( i feel like a retard asking this. >.>)

~Please anwser

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Registration email. (Would like Red to anwser.)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 07:11:06 am »
Well half of those that do get this registering issue does not fill in the required fields correctly but there could really be a few other things.

First off she must make sure she actually does this, fill in the username and password make sure they accept the agreements by registering, writing the antispam code correctly. Not creating a username that someone already has.

If they do all this, the account should get created, and in that case we should be able to see if the username is awaiting activation.

If you got the username of your sisters account that she created, I would be able to look up if it even exists and activate it directly. But many of the times the account doesn't even exist and we can't do much about just that part.

Something they also can try is using another sort of email address. Lets say they've [email protected]. Maybe they should try to register with another mail like [email protected].

Also things like trying different usernames, and only stick to a-z can help as well.
The activation mail should get sent  right away really.

But feel free to post the username of the account your sister created and we will be able to check up on it and activate it if it does in fact exist.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline dead-wolf177

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 08:43:25 pm »
Alrighty thanks red, and she used the user name: Friedchicken   
If that helps ^.^  Ill tell her to use a yahho, or gmail account.

Offline dead-wolf177

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:46:28 pm »
She still hasnt got the email. And she tried several accounts. (Oh and, my feralheart suddenly stoped working. I re-downloaded it, but there seems to be a "error" and the program keeps shutting down. :/)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:50:12 pm »
Could you explain the error you are getting and when this started?(many users had problems with the patch)

And as I expected that username doesn't seem like it ever got created(Friedchicken), I'm not sure what it is that prevents certain users from creating, doesn't even you and your sister use the same network? I just find this very derp actually.

I might be able to check with razmirz again and see if he might find anything, but I wouldn't count on it.

Offline dead-wolf177

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:45:48 pm »
Yes, we share the same network. Ok, she just attempted to make another account (anarch). Now she is waiting for the activation email. X3 (once again....XD)

& the thing is, when i log on to a certain character. It would say "program not responding" So i would have to auto close fh and log in a different character.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 07:52:06 pm »
Searched yet again and I didn't spot any username by that name.

Also the issue about crashing should not be related to this activation mail issue and should be a stand alone issue. Could you possibly try to create a new account for them see if it works any better? Cause I do not see any reason why it shouln't work right now.

Offline dead-wolf177

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 12:07:38 am »
I cant make a new account though. The activation email wont send....(Sorry for late post.) Is there any other way to make a account for my sis?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:26 am »
Well yes.. If we have to go the extremely long road we can create an account for them, but I rather not since we want them to fill in the required fields and activate it themselves...

Why I mentioned why you should create it is because I assumed that your sister tried creating and it didn't work, but if you are the one creating you should probably let your sister create the account on her own, possibly on another computer and not the one you used, possibly even another network if possible since it might be some odd cause.

Trying to register on another computer and from another network if possible
Trying to register with different names and email addresses.

I myself is not aware of why it shouldn't work, give it a few more tries and then contact me via PM after doing so.,

And don't forget to check the junkfolder after registering, use unique names and make sure you fill in a working email and not the same as used before for an account. Also make sure you accept the agreement and all that jazz.

proudwolf

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 07:00:20 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm any help, but I had the same issue when I joined a few months back. My friend signed up before I did, and said she got the email right away. I didn't get it. So, I waited. The next day, I expected it. And... Nothing. I decided to check Spam Mail and it was there. Not sure why, but all my FH mail goes there.