Author Topic: Invalid Token- Password reset  (Read 3759 times)

Offline KpopKitsune

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Invalid Token- Password reset
« on: May 12, 2014, 05:54:29 am »
Alright, i'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but I was trying to reset the password for my other account, and everytime I get the email and put in the token and username, it says the token is invalid. I used the upper right hand corner box and said /Forgot Password/ It's still not working, is it just the site or am I honestly doing something wrong?

Aicosu125

Re: Invalid Token- Password reset
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 12:09:42 pm »
You might wanna contact a staff member about this issue. Resetting a password shouldn't act up like that. :/

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »
Movin' this thread to the Site + Forum Help board.

If I remember correctly, the times when users had this issue, and the actually got back to me about it working again.

The problem was that they requested several password resets from the site, over and over, without looking in their junk mail folder or correct mail. Once they actually found a mail, it wasn't the first one. I believe it's just the very first token you, the user ask for, that works. All the other ones will say it's incorrect.
See if the quote above sheds some light onto the situation.
gone

Offline KpopKitsune

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:25:43 am »
I looked in my junk mail and there wasn't anything from Fh in there, i'd gotten the codes to reset the password in my main mailbox and every one of them had said Invalid token. :/

Aicosu125

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 01:15:15 am »
I looked in my junk mail and there wasn't anything from Fh in there, i'd gotten the codes to reset the password in my main mailbox and every one of them had said Invalid token. :/

-shrug- I'm not sure anymore. What Vespian said should work. You 'may' have not gotten anything for the password in your junk mail. Just keep trying. It should change if you try. I never knew that sometime's it'll be like dat. You can either keep trying, or wait for the registration to open.

milothegolden

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 01:26:32 am »
if you need a new account try looking on when nobodys on the server like 2:30 to 4:00 but honestly who would want to be on at that time anyway, also go on days people would be most busy, weekends. i got mine at 8:30 on a sat.

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 10:27:03 am »
I have heard of this problem before, and I remember some ways to retrieve your  ability of reseting passwords on the forums.

Here are some things you should check:
-Are you checking the right email?
- Did you try on different browsers?
- Does it come up with a while page saying 'Invalid Token' or a FeralHeart one with the words 'Invalid Token'?

You may have also been blacklisted and your IP has been locked by the Admins, but I highly dbout something like that had happened.
If you still can't find an email in your inbox You should check your internet connection because emails can take a long time to arrive.

You previously stated that you were using the right hand side corner box saying "Forgot your password?" and I would say you log out using the log out option located underneath your "Time logged in" box.

Next, write in some fake information.

After that, you will see a "Forgot your password?" link. Click it, and it should work.

If it still doesn't, I'm afraid I can't do anything else for now.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 11:11:44 am »
Keep in mind that FeralHeart saves user information in two different databases, one is for the forum account and one is for the game account. If you change any information after you first made the account such as email address, you need to be sure you are looking in the right place because changing your email address for the forum will not change it for the game account itself.

The yellow box you use to send a password reset is completely separate to this forum that you are on now, it's more linked to the information saved for the game. So if you changed your email address at any point in time, or wrote in other information there, that's actually where you want to look for your token, since that's what it goes on. Make sure you actually log into the email address that is linked to your game account.

I will repeat as others has said already, check your junk mail and extra spam folders and make sure your email doesn't instantly block and remove such, many email services see the password reset mails for the FH site as junk, some of which never even get seen depending on what preferences you have set and which email service you use.

Another thing that Ally also pointed out a few days ago that could be a reason of some people and their issues is that they never activated their accounts properly when they registered. Which would make sense since sending a password reset to an account that is not activated is probably not the easiest task for the site.

One last thing I wish to point out is that some people also try to access old accounts they never really used much or accounts linked to email addresses that never were used more than just to make the FH account. If you changed your email linked to the account when it was made, but only did so for the forum, and the old one is now removed for inactivity by let's say hotmail.com/outlook.com, if there's no active email, the account may be removed, you never know.
Former community manager of FeralHeart