Author Topic: TIMING OUT ON POSTS/REPLIES  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
TIMING OUT ON POSTS/REPLIES
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:07 pm »
It constantly says timed out even though I'm logged in and haven't walked away from the screen. I have to keep copying my message and logging out, then logging back in. If I log in where it normally says "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts", it still says timed out. But if I sign in where it says "User Details", "user panel", and "registration open/closed", it works.

Oh, and the private messaging?? Why is it sending messages to other users!! That's OBSERD. Someone fix it, it's really annoying!!

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Misinterpreted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TIMING OUT ON POSTS/REPLIES
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 09:02:08 pm »
I'm having this problem unfortunately as well. I tried sending a private message and the browser never loaded. I copied my message I was going to send and tried a different browser and that never helped either.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »
Quote from: AlphaEclipse (via PM, no link)
That session timed out issue is pretty common. First I'd recommend clearing your browser's history and cache (that way it'll delete any cached pages and anything else that may be interfering with your log in) and log out of the forum completely. Once you've logged out, relog using the box under the banner, not the yellow box on the side of the banner. If that shows no improvement, use another browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome.

As for sending messages to other users, that's a forum glitch--the forum is not always good when it comes to sending messages to someone who unfortunately has the same nickname and/or username. An easy fix to this is simply typing in their username instead of their forum nickname, since there's no same usernames, in the "To:" input, or maybe even adding that user to your forum buddy list, and then searching them through the "find members" tab. You can also type their forum nickname in the "find members" tab and look at the results that pop up, however if their username is not known, and they have a common forum nickname, it will be very difficult to sort through the results and successfully PM them.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:16:05 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 10:05:50 pm »
Thanks; this has been solved. Mods, lock please c:

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:52:19 pm »
Locking~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone