Author Topic: Previews SUCK  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
Previews SUCK
« on: June 30, 2015, 01:34:53 am »
Sorry for the probably blatantly offensive-to-mods title, but the preview "option" doesn't seem to work for me. If I click preview, it just goes "Fetching preview..." And never ever loads it. It's as if you're getting digital news, and the site's like "Hang on! Loading... forever." It's not a thing you want. In my case I want to put images in my posts but I need to take posts-of-faith that I don't want to do because it's awkward and if someone happens upon your post before you edit it, they see a bunch of BBcode failures and... Ugh. It's not something I like and I need help troubleshooting the issue.

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Previews SUCK
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:40:42 am »
From time to time we've had issues with the Forum Preview, hopefully this is another case where it could easily be looked into/fixed by our server master.

I will be sure to give a nudge to Razmirz about this and see if there's something that isn't the way it should that could cause our previews to act up.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:50:04 am »
The previews are there for our own convenience of "double-checking" our post, or just to see if it looks nice or not. I've never had my previewing option buffer or glitch, so I'm thinking it has something to do with your internet reception or another program that's causing the preview option to malfunction and take an endless amount of time to load. (But I may be wrong.) Has your computer always had issues with loading FH's preview option?

I second this. Red's probably right.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 02:01:26 am »
The previews are there for our own convenience of "double-checking" our post, or just to see if it looks nice or not. I've never had my previewing option buffer or glitch, so I'm thinking it has something to do with your internet reception or another program that's causing the preview option to malfunction and take an endless amount of time to load. (But I may be wrong.) Has your computer always had issues with loading FH's preview option?

I second this. Red's probably right.

To refer to the striked-out part of your post, it used to work and it caused one problem in particular when I was planning to start a forum roleplay about phoenixes that would've died anyway.

Art gallery

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 02:04:00 am »
To refer to the striked-out part of your post, it used to work and it caused one problem in particular when I was planning to start a forum roleplay about phoenixes that would've died anyway.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the preview option will be up and running again. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:30:36 am »
To note, it's been broken for quite some time. I'd say months.

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 02:33:46 am »
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the preview option will be up and running again. c:
It's sadly been going on for a good while and I think it may be my use of many many tabs or add-ons or previous use of adBlock Plus(which I disabled for this website) that may be to blame. :/ I have no idea why it does this but it's bothersome.

Art gallery

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 09:06:10 pm »
I usually have some doubts with this as well, but I do not speak of it because I may be wrong. Usually when I try to post the website always gives me 'hacker attempt' and when I click go back my work is all gone. But in the brighter side, it is working well now.
It's sadly been going on for a good while and I think it may be my use of many many tabs or add-ons or previous use of adBlock Plus(which I disabled for this website) that may be to blame. :/ I have no idea why it does this but it's bothersome.

I do not think the blocks are the case for not showing those previews. My only suggestion now is to double check your work instead of previewing it if it does not work, it's much better. Now I'm beginning to double check my work rather than previewing because honestly there is no difference. :)