Author Topic: Music  (Read 708 times)

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Music
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:44:21 pm »
Is there any way to have multiple music tracks in one map, without cramming them all in one track using a program like Audacity? I have done it this way in the past, but it is a very tedious task and because it was 30 or 40 minutes long it took ages to compress. Is there a less tedious alternative?

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 11:58:55 pm »
Yes, actually there is! ^.^

You know the 'music.cfg' file, ye? Open it, okay? See where it says "Plains", "Caves", and "Title"? You're going to copy one of those (Fancy stuff and all) and paste below all of it. Now, take the letters (Tite, Caves, or Plains, depends) and name it something you'd like it to be. Anything random, even.

Do that, 'kay? Good, you've got that done. Now, go to wherever your music is stored, preferably in the FH music file in 'media'. Copy/Paste the name of that to the 'music.cfg' thing, got it?

Now, see the other music files? They have 'media/music/*Name*', right? Copy/Paste that in front of your music file you have in the music thing, so it looks like the others.

Okay, so you've got that. Now, save and close that (Or just save), and open Feral Heart. Go to Map Maker, to your map. Go to the music thing, where you'd normally put music in. Add the title you have above your musics (For example: I have one labeled "My Music", so I'd type "My Music" into the box).

Now, go into Test Mode and see if it works!

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 12:07:25 am »
That worked perfectly! Thank you very much! *nuzzles*

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 12:34:31 am »
I'll lock this up since your question has been answered. Have fun with your map!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.