Author Topic: Thoughts on Activity?  (Read 5722 times)

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Activity?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 07:29:02 pm »
Aaah activity.

I have a plan for my new  roleplay, they should be on once or twice a week at least. And if they are going to be inactive for awhile they should let me know before they leave the roleplay one day. Or they could pm me on the forum, whichever they prefer.

Everybody has lives outside of the game. Also, we all go on vacation sometimes.

Honestly, theres no reason to kick somebody from the roleplay for not being active for a day, or a few hours. People who do that should really think before they do that, there's no reason for kicking somebody for such a thing. School, work, and timezones are all issues when it comes to roleplays. Some people log on and nobody is ever online because of their timezone. I feel like the leader of the roleplay should notify the player when they are about to kick them, or give them a warning, like some floofs have said before me.

Grades and work are more important then getting on a game every two hours so the leader will be happy.

But thats my opinion, and you might think differently.

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline ForeverLoyal

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Starbucks lover o3o
    • ForeverLoyal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 03:54:29 am »
If anyone read the thing before I modified this post xD ignore it~

But activity....this is my view on it.

I've had my own roleplay for a good 9 years now and it started back in WolfQuest before coming here to the FH community. There have been times where the group has had it's ups and downs and times we literally thought the group was done for but once summer hit it picked up again and flawlessly gained more and more members that stuck around.
Right now my group is set up to where we will have an occasional 'activity check' every month but even then when we kick the inactive members it only ends up being 3-4 at most.

That being said, we understand as well that life gets in the way of coming online to RP, the group simply asks for a notice of some kind or a simple 'Hey I'm going to be away from this time to this time' or 'I'm having internet issues and also moving'. Things happen and if you can't control it then you can't control it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:01:06 am by ForeverLoyal »
"Cornered. One place to hide and that is within myself. Yet, I still fight to be free, when all other odds say I already am."

Picture above made by TUWKA on DA c8

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 11:11:54 pm »
I kinda like them the only thing I hate is that when they are super active and then you come on at night they kick you out and at the other time you can RP with them all day rather than having to RP the very first time you were there and never RP again

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 02:34:26 am »
Activity is something I too struggle with and I'll admit, sometimes it ISN'T fair.
I've been on both ends of the stick.
The leader of the roleplay wants people who can keep their roleplay going and alive. They want people who will be there, as friends, packmates, clanmates. They want their plots to be carried out and sometimes the RP gets interesting enough to give the character life, and they become attached. They want others to put in the effort that they have.
However, members may not have the same time zone, or even the same schedule of wake-eat-sleep. Maybe they have jobs, school, etc. I wasn't able to roleplay almost all of this year's fall/winter/early spring due to high school and even without me doing any of my hobbies, I still failed to pass the school year. If I were committed to a roleplay, it would be a lot higher stress for me than just that.
But then we go back to how the leader sees it.

It's complicated, and is just but unjust at the same time. I think kicking after 2-3 weeks of inactivity suffices, unless the member has given a notice of absence, though. I've had my share of disappointment when I've been gone for 2-3 days and been kicked. It kinda hurts, almost.