Author Topic: Thoughts on Activity?  (Read 5694 times)

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Activity?
« on: June 25, 2016, 02:58:35 pm »
I'm not sure if someone has already made a topic of this or if it's still active, so I thought I'll make a discussion about this.

What are you thoughts on RPs that require being active?

For me I have mixed feelings about, this like having an active RP is something a lot of people hope to have, but at the same time it's difficult staying active unless you live a non-routine, boring life.

Like for example, I'm studying graphic design that requires 6 hours of my time, and then I have a job on top of that with a 5-day work schedule every week. The only time I'll ever be able to get online is at night time GMT+10:00 and by then everyone is either at work, school or asleep. This makes it hard for me to be an active member in any RP and disheartens me that when I DO come online I've been kicked from a group or 2 because of my busy schedule. I love RPing, but I can't RP when I have no groups to start off any of my posts.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:30:04 pm by BladeDawns »

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Thoughts on Activity?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:22:30 pm »
I'll move your topic over to the Game Discussion board, since the content here could still resonate with Feral Heart matters and doesn't have to off-topic. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline kinoei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • nyeeeessss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 03:36:20 pm »
It honestly bothers me.
Yeah, I get it, some have the time to get on daily to RP, but still, it's annoying. Some have stuff to do, which should be understandable, not just thrown away.
I also used to be in some groups, but got kicked, what, one day later? And that only because I had to log off, seriously, the leaders (Not all, some are very nice and understanding<3 Shoutout to those) should probably give others time, or at least try to contact people before kicking them out so they can talk stuff out.

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »
I'll move your topic over to the Game Discussion board, since the content here could still resonate with Feral Heart matters and doesn't have to off-topic. c:
Thank you, I didn't know exactly where to put it. cx

It honestly bothers me.
Yeah, I get it, some have the time to get on daily to RP, but still, it's annoying. Some have stuff to do, which should be understandable, not just thrown away.
I also used to be in some groups, but got kicked, what, one day later? And that only because I had to log off, seriously, the leaders (Not all, some are very nice and understanding<3 Shoutout to those) should probably give others time, or at least try to contact people before kicking them out so they can talk stuff out.

Agreed, like some of the groups I'm in give you a week to come back online, and some of the groups with websites do have a "going away" sort of thread for anyone that'll be gone longer than the given time. But those that kick you for not coming on for like a day is down right arrogant and rude. (kudos to the RPs that gives players chances. <3) Perhaps they should have it where if you do not inform the group and you're going for about a week THEN they have free leave to kick the group. Like inform them through PM on the forums or try and catch someone online.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 04:48:02 pm »
I guess that's just how some people are so I can only respect their way and it's not like they're forcing you to join in the first place or anything. The person that wanted to join, made the choice. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask that sort of question when you decide to, since you're possibly getting more info out of the group, but again, if you were aware of it and you still joined...not the 'leaders' fault.

Now, I guess it would be a problem if it was constantly shoved in your face as a remainder and it got to the point where it's ridiculous or something but that, but I don't mind it since it's not my group, nor, am I in such a thing.

When I make groups, I try to think about the other player's and, just like me, we all have lives outside the game. I don't expect them to be completely active everyday because some just can't do that but I do try to be fair about it, even set up like....a main day where the majority can hop on. I think 2 days out of the week for about an hour is fair enough. Gotta be strict and also lenient with sort of thing.

Awesome Topic ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Lazy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Ship Loves You <3
    • http://JShipArts.deviantart.com
    • http://lazy-jenn.tumblr.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 06:15:49 pm »
I honestly have not joined a group in so long, mainly because my activity is sporadic. I may be on everyday for a month and then suddenly be gone for the same amount of time.
I understand that this is not exactly helpful to the group so I normal decline to be a loner and watch others. If they allow me to roleplay with them then that is awesome, as long as they dont expect me to join.
Not that I am saying that all groups expect their members to be active everyday, but I figure most would like you to be around for the roleplay to build with all their members, not just a few.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 06:27:32 pm »
Interesting topic~
I have to say I'm mixed on this topic too though. I understand how important it is for RPs to have active members in order for it to stay alive, but demanding activity doesn't seem healthy for anyone. Lots of people try their hardest to balance their real lives and FH, and I think that there are some cases in which a group leader should be understanding of that. However, I can see how leaders would get upset with people who are constantly online, maybe on another character or RP, and not dedicating a fair amount of time to the active RP. I think that before you join an RP, you should carefully consider if you will have enough time for it, as neglecting a RP doesn't help the story or members move along any quicker.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 07:46:49 pm »
Interesting topic~
I have to say I'm mixed on this topic too though. I understand how important it is for RPs to have active members in order for it to stay alive, but demanding activity doesn't seem healthy for anyone. Lots of people try their hardest to balance their real lives and FH, and I think that there are some cases in which a group leader should be understanding of that. However, I can see how leaders would get upset with people who are constantly online, maybe on another character or RP, and not dedicating a fair amount of time to the active RP. I think that before you join an RP, you should carefully consider if you will have enough time for it, as neglecting a RP doesn't help the story or members move along any quicker.

That I can understand, which is why I've made a rule for myself where I can't join anymore than 5 RPs and I want to join another one I have to kick myself from an already existing RP. And that And I will spend at least 2 hours on each RP so that I get some activity in but also get enough time to spend a fair amount of time on every RP I'm in.

I guess that's just how some people are so I can only respect their way and it's not like they're forcing you to join in the first place or anything. The person that wanted to join, made the choice. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask that sort of question when you decide to, since you're possibly getting more info out of the group, but again, if you were aware of it and you still joined...not the 'leaders' fault.

Now, I guess it would be a problem if it was constantly shoved in your face as a remainder and it got to the point where it's ridiculous or something but that, but I don't mind it since it's not my group, nor, am I in such a thing.

When I make groups, I try to think about the other player's and, just like me, we all have lives outside the game. I don't expect them to be completely active everyday because some just can't do that but I do try to be fair about it, even set up like....a main day where the majority can hop on. I think 2 days out of the week for about an hour is fair enough. Gotta be strict and also lenient with sort of thing.

Awesome Topic ~!
I know where you're getting at, and I know that it's not always the leader's fault for kicking the member. But it's when they don't give you a chance to inform the group of your absence that annoys me. And again, time zones make it even more difficult to be online, especially when the group is offline.

I honestly have not joined a group in so long, mainly because my activity is sporadic. I may be on everyday for a month and then suddenly be gone for the same amount of time.
I understand that this is not exactly helpful to the group so I normal decline to be a loner and watch others. If they allow me to roleplay with them then that is awesome, as long as they dont expect me to join.
Not that I am saying that all groups expect their members to be active everyday, but I figure most would like you to be around for the roleplay to build with all their members, not just a few.
Fair point. It's important for the group RP to development with everyone or most of the members involved, so the few that were involved doesn't have to make up some story without knowing exactly how to go about it.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 07:59:08 pm »
I know where you're getting at, and I know that it's not always the leader's fault for kicking the member. But it's when they don't give you a chance to inform the group of your absence that annoys me. And again, time zones make it even more difficult to be online, especially when the group is offline.

Oh ja and that's something that everyone in the group needs to understand and not just the leader ( because even sometimes I think they forget that that's a huge factor ).
And they should at least be able to explain themselves or notify them about it, instead of kicking them out and such because just doing it for the sake of inactives ( even though it's only a day ) is a different story than actually being aware. ( If that made any sense ).

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »
Oh ja and that's something that everyone in the group needs to understand and not just the leader ( because even sometimes I think they forget that that's a huge factor ).
And they should at least be able to explain themselves or notify them about it, instead of kicking them out and such because just doing it for the sake of inactives ( even though it's only a day ) is a different story than actually being aware. ( If that made any sense ).
Yeah I understand. I was in a group and saw them kick out a member after the lost connection 4 hours ago. It was rude as hell.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE