Author Topic: Insanity with Downloading Update  (Read 957 times)

Offline KeiraKinover-Mar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Insanity with Downloading Update
« on: December 25, 2018, 01:53:32 am »
I have tried to update the game the majority of my afternoon. I've uninstalled and tried a fresh install, and now I can't even find it in the directory I placed it in. Yet when I type in the thing to search for it, it'll pop up the stuff and I can't run them.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Insanity with Downloading Update
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 02:17:54 am »
Make sure you're installing FH into C: if you're on a PC

Unless you're trying to download on a mac?
Farewell everyone<3

Offline KeiraKinover-Mar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 03:59:42 pm »
Make sure you're installing FH into C: if you're on a PC

Unless you're trying to download on a mac?

It is a PC, and it says it's going there yet it's not.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 02:57:51 am »
Do you have a limited amount of storage space on the drive onto which you're attempting to install it? If this is the case, you will either need to make room for more room o install the game on another drive (on your D drive instead of your C drive, for example), although I would not recommend this. As Kiki mentioned above, Feral Heart works best on your C drive.

If you're fairly certain that it's installed but are still having trouble locating it, you should be able to type the name in the directory (as you've already done) and right-click on the application, and select "Open file location." It's possible that something went weird when it was installed. Be sure that your computer is up to date, too. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 05:08:43 pm »
Hello KeiraKinover-Mar, I’ve been watching this thread since it was posted, and I believe that this is not an issue with Feralheart’s executable itself. What internet browser are you using to download the file? Are you using a Chromebook by any chance? What operating system are you using? Have you been able to play Feralheart on this computer in the past? The fact that the computer is not allowing you to run the files is a bit odd, it is almost as if the file is only partially downloaded (.part file) which is a possibility.

For now, use another internet browser and set it’s setting to download everything to your desktop. Then try downloading Feralheart again. If it is giving you an error message, if you can, post a screenshot or type out the message.

I am curious to see how this goes, and if I think of any other possible solutions, I will pm you myself. This is certainly a peculiar issue, and I do hope we are able to get to the bottom of it.