Author Topic: Reserved? I think not! [solved]  (Read 1608 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Reserved? I think not! [solved]
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:50:54 pm »
Hello, Floofs!
Well, I wanted to change my forum name to something else, cause I've had this one for a while now.
I checked the members list to make sure it wasn't taken, and it wasn't, so I was good to go.
I went on my profile to change my display name to what I wanted, and it said the name was RESERVED!
What!?
I look at the list again to see if it is, and it's not!
How is this possible? It says it's reserved when it's not!
 can't tell the name cause then I know, somebody might take it!
Yet, If you PM me to know what it is, you must PROMISE that you won't take it, and I'll then tell you.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:55:28 pm by ~Shallow~ »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Reserved? I think not!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:42:42 am »
Well this game has been around for 3 years so its not a surprise that some common names are taken. Just keep trying at it and im sure you will be able to get it.
But perhaps it is just a forum glitch cause I really never came a crossed a "reserved" message before
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:58:39 am »
If I recall correctly, Reserved names are names put into the forum that shouldn't be used by anyone.

Things like Admin, webmaster and maybe a few others are in this range. Why they are reserved is simply to avoid confusion and get users to put names on the forum that are mixed with titles that they do not have.

Hope this explains it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 01:12:16 pm »
Well this game has been around for 3 years so its not a surprise that some common names are taken. Just keep trying at it and im sure you will be able to get it.
But perhaps it is just a forum glitch cause I really never came a crossed a "reserved" message before

The name wasn't taken. Also, NVM. I found out the problem.
If I recall correctly, Reserved names are names put into the forum that shouldn't be used by anyone.

Things like Admin, webmaster and maybe a few others are in this range. Why they are reserved is simply to avoid confusion and get users to put names on the forum that are mixed with titles that they do not have.

Hope this explains it.
The display name I was gonna use didn't involve stuff like "Admin" and/or "Mod". I also found out the problem. It wouldn't allow spaces! This thread can be locked since I figured out the problem.