Author Topic: Forum ad infested?  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Forum ad infested?
« on: April 13, 2015, 12:50:50 am »
Is it just me, or is this forum ad infested...?

I get random words that are linked with a double underline, and when you hover over them, an ad pops up. It's really annoying. Before you tell me that I have adware on my computer, this is the ONLY website that does this to me. It's been this way since I came back recently.

Just to double check, I am currently scanning my computer. But before I get the results of this scan, I want to know if I'm not the only one seeing all of these annoying ads.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:35:43 am by Alphabet »

AlphaEclipse

Re: Forum ad infested?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 01:09:04 am »
Hello, Alphabet! Everyone on the forum experiences this every now and then. This site has ads to keep it up, running, and free for us to use. To avoid having these ads pop up, you can simply not scroll over them, but if you accidentally do, there should be an option to close it out.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:35:22 am »
Ah, alright. It just behaves a lot like a adware. I've seen it happen before on my sister's computer with every website, and she actually had adware, so I was a bit worried.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:42:34 am »
Indeed, it does behave how some adware may. That alone is enough to make people who do not know those ads are normal on this site worry. Hopefully this cleared it up though!  ;D