Author Topic: Registration Problem  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Registration Problem
« on: July 27, 2015, 05:49:50 pm »
Hi there!

My friend was trying to make a Feral Heart account today. She had been checking in every hour or two (as suggested in the official post regarding registration), and she had finally found it open! However, the site would get stuck on the part where it checks to see if the username and email are available to use. So she decided to try another browser to work on it. She told me that it kept giving her errors back instead of working with her. I asked her what kind of errors she was seeing, but she had headed off to work and now can't remember.

If anyone knows any solutions to this issue, please let me know. We will keep trying to get this to work somehow, but nothing can be done about it for the rest of today, as the registration had already opened. If we still can't find a solution, we will try to get in touch with a moderator, in case there is a problem in their systems that they would have to know about. But I would really much prefer to see if the community has anything for us first before I go off and message them >.< They are probably terribly busy as is.

Thank you so much!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Registration Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:59:00 pm »
As busy as the Staff are, it's always ok to message them, but it's very considerate of you to check here first. As for your situation, is it possible that the Registration closed up while she was trying to create her account?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 03:42:48 am »
It's possible, but I asked and she doesn't think so. It turns out that she got the email to activate her account, even after all of this, but she clicked on it later :/ And got the error 403. From checking out other posts, I understand that this is because registration was closed by the time she found the email. I also know that she only has 24 hours to activate, so she might have to retry the whole making an account thing tomorrow.

By the sounds of things, she did it right, had a bit of trouble getting there in the process, but got to the activation too late. Possibly. But I don't think she knew how to tell me xD I'll get her to try again tomorrow, if she can, but if problems keep popping up from it, at least we will have something in this topic to work with.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:09:02 am »
Yes, if she didn't activate her account while the Registration was open, or attempted to activate it when the Registration was closed, then it wouldn't activate her account. If so, she'll have to create a new account when the Registration opens up next, which is quite often if you keep a close eye on it. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 05:14:17 am »
Oh, this had happened whilst making my account, and when my sister was making hers! If it shows that the username works, then that's all that you really need to know. If you put in a password, and it shows it's loading, most of the time, it's A-OK! You'll know if it's taken when you try to make it, because it will tell you! If your email is doing the loading thing too, it's fine as well! If it says its already in use, when you know it isn't, you'll have to make a new email, alas... And as always, be sure to activate before it closes!

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 03:26:32 pm »
It turns out that her exact problem was that she didn't find the email on time for activation ^_^ And the site was being silly, but still registering everything that she was putting in. It just wasn't telling her that it processed it all.

Now, she has her account! Woohoo! Thanks for the help and advice guys. This thread can be locked :)