Author Topic: The Login  (Read 1088 times)

Offline xSamii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
The Login
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:10:20 pm »
Hello~ I'm a long time player of the game and I have to say, the updates truly are amazing. I can't wait to see what more the staff plans to do with both the site and the game.

However, and it may be due to all of overhauling being done, I have been having a few issues.

I run my computer on Firefox and whenever I visit the site to login to the game, I often get pop ups for various things. I never stick around to see what they're about, but I know that they are completely unrelated to the game and hand yellow/red warnings. Now I have visited other websites with no relation to the game, and clicked on links without any pop-ups. The only worry I have for this is that if the pop-ups continue, I don't know if it will harm my computer. Which I of course don't want ^^'

The other issue I'm having is, once I have managed to log into the game, it sometimes doesn't last long. My login on the site expires and I lose connection from the game. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen so often. I had the situation where I once got logged into the site and launched the game, and it didn't even last long enough to get my character in game. As you can imagine, having to log in 50 times is getting very old.

As I said above, Ii know that these issues may be associated with the fact that everything is being overhauled, but even so, I just wanted to bring these problems into mind. I don't know if others are experiencing the same issues as I am, but I did want to make sure the staff was aware of the pop ups and log-in issues. Maybe my computer is a unique case, maybe there are lots of people with the issue, I haven't a clue. I look forward to seeing all of the staff's hard work both in the game and on the site. c:

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Login
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:13:39 pm »
To your first issue:

Do not worry, i have it as well and i'm 90% sure its part of the ads that support the whole Feralheart server! Or partially, you only need to ignore and close them.

To your second issue:

I have had this a lot too, i'd recommend that you check the login page every now and then (i'd say, this will sound funny but... every 15 seconds), and when it does not disconnect every 5 seconds anymore then it should be ok, sometimes it can be because of your internet.

You could also restart the computer (shut it down, then open it, no aplications open) and try again, or leave your computer 5 mins unused or closed,then it it should "fix itself". I've been told to do this, but i'm not entirely sure this works.
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: The Login
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 05:15:09 pm »
Raz is doing some work with the site as well as with the ads/pop-ups. For now, just clicking out of them should do, they should not harm your computer as long as you do not click anything on the page that pops up. The pops up are only supposed to appear every few hours within the last time you visited the site.

As far as the log in, try logging in on a different browser or a mobile device. If that doesn't work for you, you could look into getting a tab refresher so the page is refreshed on timely increments.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.