Author Topic: need a ghost fox preset  (Read 2668 times)

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
need a ghost fox preset
« on: February 26, 2020, 06:59:39 pm »
though i'm too anxious to actually play FeralHeart often nowadays, for those rare chances i can actually leave the Lonely Cave, i want a preset for the character i've decided to be my main here

i lost the ability to make my own presets a long time ago, which is why i'm asking here instead of doing it myself

the character in question is this child, and a color palette is right here for convenience

for things you can't see, her pawpads are the same pink as her tongue/inner ears, and her teeth can be the same white/pale yellow that's on her body i guess
the inside of her ears on the preset can be that white color too, no need for the pink
i think it's possible to add invisible wings? or was that just for if a preset doesn't have wings textured for it? i can't remember but ghosts can fly so Dreams should too i suppose
and of course i want her to be semi-transparent, if there's a way to make that look good and not like... the only way i can describe it is not being able to see her body parts through her body, but i don't think that makes sense
and maybe make her glowy? or just,, have shadows be non-existent on her, since ghosts don't have shadows? idk

no need to worry about her accessories, it's a good thing items exist to do that for us

but thanks for whoever decides to make this for me!
unfortunately i don't have money but i can draw something for payment if you want? my art skills are at least somewhat decent now so //shrug

Offline MementoMors

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • cursed goatman
    • Memento-Mors
    • View Profile
    • My Toyhou.se
Re: need a ghost fox preset
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 04:19:29 am »
I could give this a shot if you're still interested! I don't think I can make the whole body translucent without it looking really wonky (https://imgur.com/a/rcZxfkK), but I can make the wings invisible for sure! ^^ I could also make her glow a little if you'd like.
I'll be the hyena. You'll see.

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 04:10:22 pm »
the translucent isn't too super important to keep, that wonkiness was what i was attempting to explain earlier hfgbh

but if you could make the preset, that'd be great! thank you!

Offline MementoMors

• Curious Wanderer
  • cursed goatman
    • Memento-Mors
    • View Profile
    • My Toyhou.se
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:57:16 pm »
Alright, I'll get started on it!

Offline MementoMors

• Curious Wanderer
  • cursed goatman
    • Memento-Mors
    • View Profile
    • My Toyhou.se
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 02:38:21 am »
I managed to find a transparency code that actually looks good: https://i.imgur.com/sJBlWOx.png

Would you like me to keep the transparency code in? I can also make it more or less transparent if you'd like.

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 04:42:48 am »
oo yeah that looks nice! maybe make it like slightly less transparent? see how that looks?

thanks again for making this for me :D

Offline MementoMors

• Curious Wanderer
  • cursed goatman
    • Memento-Mors
    • View Profile
    • My Toyhou.se
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 05:39:20 am »
Alright, I decreased the transparency a bit and this is how it looks: https://imgur.com/a/2D87UOK

I also added a glowing effect, but you can't really see it unless it's night or otherwise really dark: https://i.imgur.com/BwpCFC3.png

It also makes her seem less transparent when it's dark, but I think I could fix that by turning the brightness down. If you don't like how it looks, I can easily take it out.

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 08:40:13 pm »
goodness i am not fast at responding

it looks good so far! i say you can keep it how it is now, i don't really mind the sorta change in opacity at night ^^

Offline MementoMors

• Curious Wanderer
  • cursed goatman
    • Memento-Mors
    • View Profile
    • My Toyhou.se
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 09:50:08 pm »
Alright! Last thing I want to ask is of you were planning on using a mane, because it turns out that the transparency code makes it look a bit off: https://i.imgur.com/1rq41yG.png

If you don't want to use the mane I can just leave it as-is and send you the files if you're happy with how the markings look.

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 03:26:27 pm »
aw, the mane’s just a small part of the preset, i don’t mind it looking a little off ^^

i say keep the mane as it is with the wonkiness, it’s fine