Author Topic: K9 Police Unit Roleplays?  (Read 2483 times)

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
K9 Police Unit Roleplays?
« on: December 31, 2014, 06:26:56 pm »
I've noticed a lot of K9 characters running around recently. I first saw one advertising for their K9 police roleplay in Bonfire, and now I see a whole bunch of K9's scattered about, not just in Bonfire but in other public maps such as Fluorite and South Pole. I even joined one out of curiosity, and found myself thoroughly bored. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just one massive roleplay group, or is it just a passing trend? Any personal opinions on the roleplay itself?
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: K9 Police Unit Roleplays?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 06:49:43 pm »
I myself see nothing wrong with the rps, tho have never actually joined one. It may be a trend or just something people enjoy to roleplay, whether it just be for one group or hundreds. People have opinions, and rping a K9 Police Unit might be in their opinion fun.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Rizzla

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 06:59:14 pm »
Mm, yeah, I saw them as well. I recently made a German Sheperd character for a new Rp I'm starting, and the next day everyone seemed to be a dog of some sort. Not just police dogs, either, I saw severel stray groups and one fighting ring one advertising in Fluorite. I suppose that's pretty good, it's nice to see a preticular species making a come back. But the thing that really bugs me is how flipping inacurate some of the GS's are. Heck, I saw a dark brown one with a white underbelly, neon blue eyes and pitch black husky markings. Now, that might pass off as "Realistic" if they were supposed to be a Husky x German Sheperd hybrid trying to get off without a preset, but, sure enough, they had 'F GS' slapped in their name and their bio clearly said they were one. I don't mean to be cruel, but to be honest I was quite disapointed.

Aaand there's my ranting done for today ^^'

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 08:54:18 pm »
I have been very tempted to join one and I might today owo they just look interesting but sadly I do not think it'll be good, buuut whatevas. I don't really see a problem with them, but if they scream out to join their group like 20 times then I gotta say something.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 04:12:26 am »
I saw a huge K9 role-play the other day I was just hanging out nearby watching them do their thing and they all seemed to be having fun, based upon this and only this since it's my sole exposure to K9  it seemed like a thing that was interesting and fun of course I do hope that they don't become to popular and over-saturate the ... Market? would it be market? is there any way to change that phrase so it works in this context?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 07:38:48 pm »
Actually, I did notice an increase in those roleplays, when I was running around Bonfire for no reason

Though, they were the 'thing' back in the summer of 2013, I'm sort of glad-ish they're making a comeback
They an be entertaining to watch... But...

Then there are the ones that spam random people with capslock going, 'U R UNER ARET!' And whatnot.
So yeah.

Sorta 50/50 on 'em.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 08:10:22 pm »
I've noticed the trend of K-9 units roaming about the maps lately. It's both interesting and prompts research on the actual dogs themselves. I like any kind of dog group mostly for the various breed possibilities and origin of the character. Like people join sled-dog role-plays, mostly consisting of huskies, the K-9 unit type is no different. It's just another dog occupation people have taken interest in and wanted to explore.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 06:48:49 am »
I see trends here have basically went full circle. The K9 trend happened a while back, I think a year or two ago? But anyways, yes, it is just a passing trend that has been here once before. It lasted for about a month or two, then died down. I'd expect the same this time.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.