Author Topic: New roleplay plot idea. Opinions?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
New roleplay plot idea. Opinions?
« on: July 20, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »
This is just an idea for a roleplay plot that I've been formulating, and I want to put it out here and maybe get some feedback. :)

So, I'm both a theatre nut and an English literature nut. And where do those two things meet? Shakespeare! What if there was a roleplay whose storyline included adaptions of the plots of Shakespeare plays? Plays such as "Hamlet", "Henry V", and even "Much Ado About Nothing" would be likely candidates. Now, obviously the plots would be adapted to fit the roleplay and those in it, and, of course, you wouldn't have to speak in Shakespearean English (unless you want to, which would be perfectly fine...and completely awesome). There would still be  independent roleplay; the Shakespeare would only make up part of the central plot. I'm not doing a very good job at explaining this, am I? -_-'

What do you think? Are you a fan of Shakespeare? Does this seem like it might work, maybe even be fun? Have you ever seen a roleplay similar to this? What type of roleplay (wolf, lion, etc.) do you think this would best fit in? Am I rambling pointlessly? Do you want me to stop talking now? Okay.

*I just realized that this might be in the wrong board. If it is, can a mod/admin please move it to where it belongs? Thank you very much. ^^
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
Re: New roleplay plot idea. Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:22:29 am »
woah! this is an awesome plot idea. but the only thing i'm thinking is that it could end up being centered around just one/two characters? that'd leave the rest of your group out. but great idea, and i'd totally like to see this in-game! ^^

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: New roleplay plot idea. Opinions?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 06:14:58 pm »
I'm surprised I've never come across a roleplay plot such as this one. I've seen a few characters based-off some Shakespearian figures, but never an entire plot-line. I think it's a fantastic idea, and I'd love to hear how it turns out. Whether the roleplay primarily consists of felines or canines is up to your own personal interests, and it could also depend on which story adaptation you're using. I think you could go quite far with this idea- Good luck to you. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.