Author Topic: I can't use my Preset?  (Read 874 times)

Offline Carriwitchet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Somewhere, somehow <3
    • View Profile
I can't use my Preset?
« on: August 18, 2017, 12:54:19 pm »
A friend of mine made a preset for me; gave the link to the download and everything. I downloaded it, then placed the file into the preset folder. Re-booted FeralHeart, and still no preset. I went back to check on the file, but it was automatically wiped from my preset folder? I still have it in the original file location though. Also, I do not have PresetSync downloaded.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: I can't use my Preset?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:55:34 pm »
Hey there, I'd be happy to help you.
Can you give me more details about what this file is, and which folder you put it in? I also don't really know what it means when you said you still have it in the original file location. What is the original file location? Is it a zip folder that you downloaded right away? If yes, what files are there in the folder?
Also, if the preset is for you to see and wear yourself, I think you need all the texture files and the material file used to make the preset, and put them in just one of the 12 "my_presets" folders.
Then you start up the game > go to preset maker > and export the preset yourself, so you can use the preset in-game like you want to.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:58:43 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:02:27 pm »
Try copy and pasting it again, but copy-paste it with the game not running.

(Ellen, for clarification, a person doesn't need the preset materials, i've made them for people just exporting it with their name in the log in thing.  So many people miss that and get mad at others.
  So anyone reading this, now you know how to see someone if they got a free one of DA or something and they can't give you the .fhp itself.)
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 08:18:20 pm »
I feel bad now. ;_;
doing what i feel like

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 01:51:39 am »
The files you were given must consist of different image/texture files and a .material file. Was that what you received? The image/texture files are usually .png or .jpg and it will come with a .material file as well. These files must be placed in one of the numbered folders in "my_presets". The number of the folder you put it in will depend on what folder (preset 1-12) your .material file is set up for.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.