Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144506 times)

Offline kawaiiokami

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 10:00:08 pm »
 Oh so that's why the server was down. I saw this post earlier and was trying to find more info. Well I hope it's back up soon. I know you guys can work something out soon. Until then I will be patiently waiting while sipping my tea. Good luck! ^.^  ;)

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 10:01:22 pm »
If anyone was there when all this went down can I hear what happened? I'm incredibly curious.

Ok, well, I dug a little deeper than I previously have, and I found even more info. I will gladly help you. :) Ok: There has been a few assuming culprits: MoonLight and Cereal Soup. The hackers have been advertising MoonLight's website to steal their account and blame them for hacking. It turns out, no one has actual proof that it was them, BUT! The links were mostly fake and now everyone's blaming Cereal Soup for it.

It's Moonrise, not Moonlight, but that's besides the point. Nobody really knows who is doing it. The hackers came out and said 'Cereal Soup sends their regards' which is why everyone is assuming its them, but the weird thing is why would they word so hard on a game like CS just to throw it all away by hacking one of their main sources of attention and then blowing their cover? That's what doesn't make sense to me, and is why I don't believe it's either Moonrise or CS.

in-game: hooli

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2015, 10:08:12 pm »
If anyone was there when all this went down can I hear what happened? I'm incredibly curious.

Ok, well, I dug a little deeper than I previously have, and I found even more info. I will gladly help you. :) Ok: There has been a few assuming culprits: MoonLight and Cereal Soup. The hackers have been advertising MoonLight's website to steal their account and blame them for hacking. It turns out, no one has actual proof that it was them, BUT! The links were mostly fake and now everyone's blaming Cereal Soup for it.

It's Moonrise, not Moonlight, but that's besides the point. Nobody really knows who is doing it. The hackers came out and said 'Cereal Soup sends their regards' which is why everyone is assuming its them, but the weird thing is why would they word so hard on a game like CS just to throw it all away by hacking one of their main sources of attention and then blowing their cover? That's what doesn't make sense to me, and is why I don't believe it's either Moonrise or CS.

Both the staff of CS and MR have said that none of their staffers have sent hackers/hacked FH, the CS staff didn't know about it until much later, and MR has locked down their own forum because of this.

Good luck with fixing the game Raz.
Hope it'll be an easier process.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline HotDogWater

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2015, 10:09:41 pm »

Whoops! Sorry! At least I had an idea of the name! I never implied it was either of them, I'm saying most people are assuming that it's them. I never believed that it was them, but many other people are. No one knows.........

Offline Sunrae117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Just avoiding my work at all costs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2015, 10:10:43 pm »

Thanks for filling me in. This morning when I couldn't get on I thought something was wrong with my computer(I didn't check the forums right away) but I'm glad they are working hard to resolve the issue and nobody so far has gotten hurt from it in some form or another.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 10:12:04 pm »
Thank you for the update, Raz. I hope this problem can be quickly resolved and everyone can get back to enjoying their fun on Feral Heart. Thank you staff members and admins, and good luck.
Inactive

Offline HotDogWater

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 10:12:33 pm »
Oh so that's why the server was down. I saw this post earlier and was trying to find more info. Well I hope it's back up soon. I know you guys can work something out soon. Until then I will be patiently waiting while sipping my tea. Good luck! ^.^  ;)
I hope I helped you a little. I'm sure that tea is good! Can I have some? ^U^

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2015, 10:16:24 pm »
Alright, I've got an update on my information source. I was speaking to one of the CS staff on Tumblr and most of their staff had no involvement. Only two are on my high suspect list, not the entire staff team as a whole. One of the suspects was just recently kicked from the CS staff team for a huge fight, according to my CS source. I believe that is the culprit, or one of them.

Offline HotDogWater

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2015, 10:18:51 pm »
Alright, I've got an update on my information source. I was speaking to one of the CS staff on Tumblr and most of their staff had no involvement. Only two are on my high suspect list, not the entire staff team as a whole. One of the suspects was just recently kicked from the CS staff team for a huge fight, according to my CS source. I believe that is the culprit, or one of them.

That would be possible, but you don't know what they were fighting about. Please, let's not jump into conclusions just yet. It is probably the closest we are going to get, but as I posted earlier, No one knows......

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2015, 10:21:57 pm »

You should PM any information you have to a staff member, they need all they help they can get.

in-game: hooli