Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144494 times)

Aethereus

Re: Hacking?
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2015, 10:48:08 pm »
I know I should be positive, but FeralHeart helped with my depression by giving me a place to connect to a community, most of which are really nice people and they've helped me. It's sad to see something like this going down. I wish I could provide any information, but alas, I have nothing to show or give to help. I'm sorry about that, and I'm hopeful for the mods and staff to get this sorted, I believe in them.

Offline HotDogWater

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2015, 10:50:59 pm »
I know I should be positive, but FeralHeart helped with my depression by giving me a place to connect to a community, most of which are really nice people and they've helped me. It's sad to see something like this going down. I wish I could provide any information, but alas, I have nothing to show or give to help. I'm sorry about that, and I'm hopeful for the mods and staff to get this sorted, I believe in them.

It really is. We all have faith in them. They are more supported than they think.

Offline BloodRose1999

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2015, 10:52:26 pm »
Do you guys have any ideas on who's doing it? Anyone you've angered to the max? Sorry, for getting so nosey, but I usually find out that problems are solved easier when everyone in the community works as a whole to solve it. Especially since we all love this game so much due to it being our escape for some and or a place to gather with friends for others.

Offline HotDogWater

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2015, 10:53:56 pm »
Do you guys have any ideas on who's doing it? Anyone you've angered to the max? Sorry, for getting so nosey, but I usually find out that problems are solved easier when everyone in the community works as a whole to solve it. Especially since we all love this game so much due to it being our escape for some and or a place to gather with friends for others.

We have a few culprits.

Offline Bad Luck

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sifaris
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2015, 10:55:46 pm »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:57:36 pm by Bad Luck »

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2015, 10:56:43 pm »
I have a question: what exactly did the hacker do on the game?

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2015, 10:58:18 pm »
I have a question: what exactly did the hacker do on the game?

They got ahold of all of the staff accounts and were able to get onto them and pose as staff, speak in mod-speak, etc. Buffy was able to get control of it by banning the staff accounts temporarily while everything was happening.

in-game: hooli

Offline PercyJackson1002

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Daniel La' Suskan
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART Account
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2015, 11:00:49 pm »

Err, we know its Cereal Soup, for once question. O_O
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:03:29 pm by PercyJackson1002 »
#PrayForFH | Any Q/A just PM me.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »
Sort of bummed I missed it, but I'm sure there's screenies floating about somewhere. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the drama llamas over at KITO trickled down into FH; despite it not being a IT server.

All the same I wouldn't say anyone should worry about Feral Heart being down for good. This isn't the first time it was closed down to fix problems and I'm sure it wont be the last. (Shout out to anyone that remembers the days when entire map servers in game would go out.) Feral Heart has been through a lot and has always pulled through so don't worry. It'll be around one way or another in the end for us all to keep enjoying.

Aethereus

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2015, 11:03:29 pm »
This is what I felt like when I logged in this morning.
http://i.imgur.com/S4Sdf3c.png

Seriously, though. I see the logic in people thinking someone trying to make both games look bad. I honestly don't see why someone would do this though. It's an amazing game for bringing people together. it's not like you need to pay for it and they can hack into bank accounts. This game has no physical money involved. It does have a value though, a value of those playing it. Stay strong, mods! :D