Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144508 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2015, 05:51:58 am »
""This is one of the many reasons Feral Heart needs to be updated.
Glitches aside because some of them are just down right hilarious to watch such as your tongue coming out of your forehead. From what I've heard from other people with the right amount of training in the hacking field the servers and all of our accounts are just an easy trip to Chuck-E-Cheese for these people. I get that updating things can be hard but I feel as if it is a personal duty to further improve security. I am willing to donate money if that is what is required to make this possible.""

Unfortunately, without KovuLKD Feralheart can not be given a proper update or new feature.
Kov's gone and has been for a few years at least, I doubt he'd suddenly come back and do something about this uwu

The Staff have no ability to update the game, all we have is Raz who can control the server really ;v;

As far as I'm aware, what took place is not a lack security around the site and server, rather flaws within the game and how itself is set up, that's one of the reasons why everything we have here around the site and your accounts is still here without any problems what so ever since that's what we actually have full control over.

It might be a bit hard to see since most is staffing related, but there's many things that always needs to be worked around by the means possible server side since we cannot change how the game works directly. I'd just like users to keep this in mind.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:54:32 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2015, 05:56:38 am »
We All know Feral Heart is getting in major trouble i hope when i come back on FH I dont want to see all my characters looking ugly  :-[  :'( Hold on to our hopes

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2015, 05:58:56 am »
We All know Feral Heart is getting in major trouble i hope when i come back on FH I dont want to see all my characters looking ugly  :-[  :'( Hold on to our hopes

I'm completely positive your characters won't be messed up. The hackers don't have access to anything else within the game while the server is offline, so there isn't any reason for your characters to look weird when the server comes back online.

in-game: hooli

Offline LunaLovesLife

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2015, 06:04:57 am »
I had hoped the server would be back on today.. Hopefully it'll be back tomorrow. :/

Offline Sunrae117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Just avoiding my work at all costs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2015, 06:05:24 am »
We All know Feral Heart is getting in major trouble i hope when i come back on FH I dont want to see all my characters looking ugly  :-[  :'( Hold on to our hopes

FH isn't in major trouble. The mod accounts got hacked and they are fixing it. The hackers did not get access to the player accounts.

Offline Dove09988

• Curious Wanderer
  • *sigh*
    • PastelxGhost
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2015, 06:08:05 am »
My younger cousin and I were just looking around the site and we had no idea what was going on with this "hacking" we looked more into it and saw some screenshots on other threads of the hackers and flat wolves/lions. We are still not sure what's actually going on but, we know it will get fixed. We are hoping that the hackers didn't do too much damage to the game. We are extremely concerned with this matter. All those hackers thirst for is attention. If we try to give them little or no attention, they will be unsuccessful. Thanks for reading my post  :) ~ Dove and one more
~bloop~

Offline ArizonaRanger

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • OzzieTheFox
    • CatnipBubbles
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2015, 06:18:42 am »
I wasn't even there but it does sound horrible. Don't really understand why people would do anything like this. Well I do... But still. I hope it all gets figured out~
Call me Ozzie or Faline. I'm never on here, nor in game much but oh well.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2015, 07:03:53 am »
We can't make promises that we'll have the answer to everybody's questions in the greatest detail at the end of the day, but if we are able to help give a heads-up to any other gaming communities, we must first get our own matters in line before we can do this.
Bear with us for a little while. It'll be alright.

Sounds perfectly fine with me White. Been alerting some close friends about their sites, hope everything is alright on your end. My skype had someone trying to break in(but lucky me changed meh password).

For those pointing fingers at MR and CS, we have no reason to believe it was either of them. We can't make even a remote conclusion without the IP's and other information regarding the hacking. It's up to the FH staff team to crack the case sorta speak.

Other than that, if you run a forum and have high access staff, i'd have them change their passwords before allowing those extreme powers back. Just a quick little note for all those gaming communities.

Kindest Regards,
~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline cottonflower2

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2015, 07:10:11 am »
I just don't understand the purpose of hacking FeralHeart..... What would anyone get out of it?

Offline Dove09988

• Curious Wanderer
  • *sigh*
    • PastelxGhost
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2015, 07:24:33 am »
This really stinks. I'm really not sure why someone would do something like this. FH was just a simple cute game. I never thought something like this would happen to a game like FH. I had no idea this happened to any other games. I'm so bummed.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:00:10 am by Dove09988 »
~bloop~