Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144498 times)

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2015, 11:25:40 pm »
I've been reading the "hacker's" (air quotes due to the fact that this is the internet and people like claiming others work, good or bad, not sure if the tumblr is them or not) tumblr, but they seem to have a bone to pick with the adult members and mods of the game. They say that they are completely fine with the younger members, they just don't like how the older ones treat the younger ones and/or eachother,

That'd be a pretty lame "reason", if that is it. Goes to show just how petty and immature these people are. They're just insecure and have nothing better to do with their lives.
Yeah, they also don't seem to care about the younger members. One of their posts said something along the lines of "the younger members of feral heart are just caught in the crossfire"
Happy Pride Month!

Offline Harkan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2015, 11:26:31 pm »
I think perhaps they have a beef about the "literacy" thing people do. Younger members depending on their experience sometimes are shunned out of an rp simply for their lack of experience. Now, honestly, that's like forcing people to like each other.. Its a matter of what you want for your group or personal rp.

I find that some younger members are very good at role play. Very, very good. But at the same time one gravitates toward their age group more or less.. I suppose they think that its 'wrong' to not rp with someone or not allow them in a group due to their experience. Which is like forcing people that are experienced at basketball to invite those that don't play much at all to a team. In the end both parties suffer: The team loses its effectiveness and the new players feel inferior or they feel left out. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but this is what i see.

Offline TsavoJackal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:18 pm »
This topic relates to some issues my friends had. A few of them have complained about someone hacking their accounts, due to having characters that they didn't create.

It's crazy that someone would do this, and I hope that Feral Heart will be fixed soon. I'm not giving up hope and I'm not yet giving up on playing this game.

Offline AbyssalRadiance

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:34 pm »
All in all, none of us truly knows their motives.
Unfortunately, it's part of their little "game" with us to be hiding all the necessary details; they don't want us to understand..they want chaos, since that gives them attention and power.

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2015, 11:29:51 pm »
I've been reading the "hacker's" (air quotes due to the fact that this is the internet and people like claiming others work, good or bad, not sure if the tumblr is them or not) tumblr, but they seem to have a bone to pick with the adult members and mods of the game. They say that they are completely fine with the younger members, they just don't like how the older ones treat the younger ones and/or eachother,

That'd be a pretty lame "reason", if that is it. Goes to show just how petty and immature these people are. They're just insecure and have nothing better to do with their lives.
Yeah, they also don't seem to care about the younger members. One of their posts said something along the lines of "the younger members of feral heart are just caught in the crossfire"

Don't go all Red Scare mode on me, but they seem like they're fighting for a just cause. but it wouldn't make sense unless they had personal grudges on the mods, and they've also stated in the tumblr they don't have those. Even if that is their reason, hacking a game is still an awful way to get your point across. Now they just have everyone mad at them.

Offline Shadowshard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 28, 2015, 11:36:59 pm »
who can really say why these guys did what they did. it literally makes absolutely no sense to me. i mean with this, unlike some of the other online games i play in, there's no unfair advantage to be had by hacking. exploring and role playing. eh, not like it really matters though, not with how quickly the response came. just a matter of patience now.
The shadows are my greatest ally.
My scars aren't weakness, they're strength.

Offline AbyssalRadiance

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 28, 2015, 11:37:04 pm »
Don't go all Red Scare mode on me, but they seem like they're fighting for a just cause. but it wouldn't make sense unless they had personal grudges on the mods, and they've also stated in the tumblr they don't have those. Even if that is their reason, hacking a game is still an awful way to get your point across. Now they just have everyone mad at them.
That's exactly what they want, hun. No matter WHAT their motives are, NO excuse they give would make this event okay. It was immature and pathetic. All these people want is power and attention. I will say this time and time again because that is the basic psychology of it: Weak-minded people with a sad existence will find ways to seek attention and run power trips, especially when behind a keyboard where no one can see their face and harm them. No answers they give will make this an acceptable act, but it would be nice to know...but sometimes people don't have reasons and are simply malicious and bratty.

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2015, 11:38:46 pm »

Don't worry, I agree with the whole just cause thing (in a sense, it depends more or less on morals, experiences, and preferences, but back to the point) I never really said it was a cause. The cause was, at least one theory of it, for attention. The last two sentences are very true.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2015, 11:41:31 pm »
My question really is what exactly did they hacked that made it necessary to shut down the online servers?
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2015, 11:43:27 pm »
My question really is what exactly did they hacked that made it necessary to shut down the online servers?
Got on as MODs. Shut down to keep them from getting on as other users as well, and also to prevent them from incorrectly using mod powers.
Happy Pride Month!