Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144501 times)

Offline Stanley Pines

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2015, 04:18:45 am »
I wonder why they hacked FH...

As they said, for the giggles
+ They don't like the staff.

Offline dog1359

• Curious Wanderer
  • Don't be someone your not, everyone else is taken.
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2015, 04:19:36 am »
I wonder why they hacked FH...

As they said, for the giggles
+ They don't like the staff.
Ah
In game user: ~StopKillingMe~

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2015, 04:19:50 am »
So I looked at the tumblr. Their recent post is a transparent lion and its titled it begins. What does that mean?

Not actually their most recent, but their first. That screenshot is a picture of them in Razmirz's account, and was taken during the beginning of the 'hacking'.
oh.so its its bottom to top.got it >uo''
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2015, 04:26:16 am »
I'd just like to say something regarding the posts that have screenshots of myself..

I did not know this entire event was going to occur. I was hanging out on my Undivided character when someone in the Arai skype chat mentioned the fact that there was a really, really odd looking character named Friggit Froggit (or something along those lines). Curious, I took a couple screenshots of them and sent a couple to another Skype chat which ended up in a discussion that was basically about "Wow, without slider limits maybe we could create more interesting characters such as dachshunds!"

So that led to me asking the user who had the squished character how they did it, and they responded with "YOU WANT IN?" So.. naturally yet pretty cautiously I said sure. They asked me to log off for 5 minutes and then come back, and when I did, I noticed there was a new character on my account.
I was pretty scared because like, how'd they get onto my account and add a character? I thought it was a hack and was about to delete the character when I realized I could use it in case any staff member or something needed proof (I still have it today)
A day or two later I saw the other person, Squash, hanging out and people going "WOW!" so then, y'know, me being the attention deprived puppy, decided to get on Squish and hang out!! because wow!

Yeah anyway, that's my story about how I am completely not related to the hacking event lmao. If anyone would like, I can share screenshots, but there are at least two people who, to my knowledge, went through this same process and are as innocent as I - including the user who had Squash.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline [N]everEnding.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Just your everyday Nevsel in distress.
    • Sta_Choo
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 29, 2015, 04:27:43 am »
"It Begins" was when they began to hack the game. No one knew at first, all they knew was that their characters looked all "Unnatural."  I was there from start to finish, and witnessed a few things they have said. They mentioned making someone's character look like that, if they logged out for a few seconds and then come back. Well, I ended up logging off due to glitching, and when I logged back on... My character looked all distorted... Almost 2D. Not thinking of it, I decided to go on that character, seeing other non-hacking users look like that. Not long after... The hackers log off, and come back as Red and Allegra, trying to blame me and other users for the hacking, while advertising for CS and MR, trying to blame them as well. So, that is what their post "It Begins" means.

In-Game User(s): [N]everEnding.
Discord: Nev#0953

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2015, 04:27:52 am »
I stand by my belief that this was not an attack on FeralHeart only, really. In fact, it was probably just a cover up. If it was really the staff these people hated, why simply sit there and spam a link to some other game's site?

If it was the FH staff these people were against, and what they wanted was to harm FH itself in some way- why didn't they demote all the staff or something that makes sense(if their reasons are true) like that? I'm not saying they should have done that, just that, well, if the staff were really who they were against, that is something they would have tried to do.

But instead they spammed the link to my website and framed CerealSoup. I wholeheartedly believe that this was an attack on CS and MR, and a lame attempt to start a big war between the sites for their own amusement.

To be honest I'm a bit concerned that everyone seems to be freaking out that "FH might shut down!!!" when it was really MOONRISE and CEREALSOUP who were having their links spammed/were being framed and are being targeted. FH wasn't harmed. However, in the event that someone got into CS or MR, we could literally lose everything bc our sites are hosted by Proboards, we don't own the servers, and we can't back everything up.

If you really look at the situation, FH wasn't really harmed at all and came out perfectly fine. The hackers obviously weren't trying too hard to screw with FH itself. What they want is a site war, or to target CS/MR.

Plus there's the fact that one of them is a long-time enemy of mine who hates me to death and hates Moonrise as well. That's a pretty big red flag.

It's difficult to speak so surely as to who did what in situations like these. This issue has poured itself outside of the boundaries of just Feral Heart. When it comes to trouble makers this community has had its fair share of posers who are really good at pretending to be someone they are not. The same way they claimed that Cereal Soup & or MoonRise had something to do with this is the same way they can adopt these particular names and pretend to be those people too. I'm not trying to doubt you or say we shouldn't consider that it could be these people, but rather that we should approach this cautiously before passing this information around so surely yet alone publicly.

So basically what I'm saying is that there is no white or black in this situation... It's all really gray. It will take time and careful deliberation before we can even consider exactly who is to blame and punish.

Also harm was indeed done to Feral Heart. It didn't have to be game breaking damage to leave a mark either but rather it was left as a small seed of evil. As I said in my post they not only disrupted the happiness of many but they also stirred concerns for security amongst users. Many users may not feel as safe as they used to prior to the hacking regardless of the fact that no personal data was compromised. They tainted the innocent nature of the game with the fear of hacking and or shut down. Their behavior did indeed ruin the peace and order that staff work so hard to preserve. They also made a mockery of the staff team and our ability to secure the game by accessing our accounts and then slandering us with them over the entire map chat. They are trying to make the community turn against the staff team by posing us as some sort of idiotic, immature, shady, and nonprofessional individuals. What better way to build doubts and break a community then by attacking it at its head?

So yes harm was indeed done to Feral Heart. This issue is also being discussed so heavily about Feral Heart and not Cereal Soup & MoonRise because it was a direct affront to our community as it occurred in our own game (just look at the Tumblr title "deathtofh"). It's not that we are trying to belittle or turn our back at a potential danger to those other communities but rather we are trying to address what happened in our community and what that means for us. We are responsible for Feral Heart and only have authority here.

We do wish the best for your communities as well and wouldn't wish anything terrible against another community that stands for good and fun. For now though everything is still in the works. Lots of speculation still.

Don't go assuming things here, guys. We don't know if they have something to do this or not, for all we know they could have be targets just like CS and Moonrise as well.

Indeed. Keep in mind that they were running around on staff accounts pretending to be staff, that is just as easily as they could have used others accounts to mask their true identity as well. Do try to avoid any accusations at this time as this issue is still under intense investigation.

If you believe you have some evidence that can help the staff please send it via private message to one of the staff. Leave the dirty work of rooting out the bad apples to us ^^

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2015, 04:34:01 am »
Is adding more security really all that hard for a game?
I'm pretty sure he could at least spend some time making sure problems like this won't happen again. I've known several people who have proven their abilities that they are able to manipulate the code rather well and honestly it makes me feel rather uneasy and glad those people are long gone from the game. But it's not like Feral heart is something along the lines of a Paid game where you have to worry about credit cards being stolen and stuff. I know he has no interest in further updating the game I just find it a bit sad that so much stress has to be put on the mods that care so much about the game and more things like this will happen in the future.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 29, 2015, 04:45:01 am »
Is adding more security really all that hard for a game?
I'm pretty sure he could at least spend some time making sure problems like this won't happen again. I've known several people who have proven their abilities that they are able to manipulate the code rather well and honestly it makes me feel rather uneasy and glad those people are long gone from the game. But it's not like Feral heart is something along the lines of a Paid game where you have to worry about credit cards being stolen and stuff. I know he has no interest in further updating the game I just find it a bit sad that so much stress has to be put on the mods that care so much about the game and more things like this will happen in the future.

Regardless if Feral Heart was a paid for game or not we take every measure available to be sure that our community and its users are safe. Safety is a priority of ours. The problem is though that there is only so much we can do with the game's coding to further its security. We lack the source code and regardless of who tries to say otherwise, there is only so much that we can do without it. If we had the Feral Heart source code we would work on increasing the game's security, in fact that would be a huge priority over any superficial content updates. Sadly when KovuLKD made Feral Heart there were still bugs and things that needed fixing that he did not attend to. This recent "hacking" incident is an example of one of those issues that was something LKD would have needed to work out.

As you all can see the site is fine and extremely secure because we have full access to the server and site codings. Same would have been the case with the game if we had all the necessary materials. For now we are making the best of what we have and thinking as creativily as we can within our limitations. Again though rest assured that we are doing everything we can to secure the game and get it back to you guys.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:53:21 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Harkan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2015, 05:02:13 am »
Too bad this happened on the long weekend (for us in the US anyway) I know a lot of us were looking forward to a long rp session.

Offline Stanley Pines

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2015, 05:03:17 am »
Too bad this happened on the long weekend (for us in the US anyway) I know a lot of us were looking forward to a long rp session.

You could always try the RP section of the forum