Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144508 times)

Offline Harkan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #370 on: November 29, 2015, 07:54:31 am »
We dont have this. We dont know what we are facing one bit.

Maybe WE don't but the mods seem to be on it. Really we just gotta ignore their annoying blog, ignore them, and just patch this and move on with life on FH when the server comes back up. ETA was by the end of the weekend, but hey we can survive for a few days of no FH. We're constructive people.

Your right, we DO need to ignore them. They are enjoying are panic. The faster we ignore them, and give them less attention, the better.

As a wise person once said, "Do not feed the trolls."

Offline PercyJackson1002

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Daniel La' Suskan
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART Account
« Reply #371 on: November 29, 2015, 07:56:48 am »
We dont have this. We dont know what we are facing one bit.

Maybe WE don't but the mods seem to be on it. Really we just gotta ignore their annoying blog, ignore them, and just patch this and move on with life on FH when the server comes back up. ETA was by the end of the weekend, but hey we can survive for a few days of no FH. We're constructive people.

Your right, we DO need to ignore them. They are enjoying are panic. The faster we ignore them, and give them less attention, the better.

As a wise person once said, "Do not feed the trolls."

And I can agree to that one's saying. ^^
#PrayForFH | Any Q/A just PM me.

Offline LunaLovesLife

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2015, 07:58:40 am »
With that, Maybe its time to lock this thread, and move on? We will be stronger by the end of this ofc, But we must no longer dwell on this. Its time to move on, and continue with our lives. c:

Offline Harkan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2015, 08:03:04 am »
With that, Maybe its time to lock this thread, and move on? We will be stronger by the end of this ofc, But we must no longer dwell on this. Its time to move on, and continue with our lives. c:

Once the server is back up. This thread is allowing a place to vent and whatnot. A place to speculate and collect information. Its a safety blanket for now... So lets let it stay til we return to normalcy.

Offline LunaLovesLife

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2015, 08:08:16 am »

Once the server is back up. This thread is allowing a place to vent and whatnot. A place to speculate and collect information. Its a safety blanket for now... So lets let it stay til we return to normalcy.

well, then I hope the server is back up soon. Im sure the attackers are enjoying our panic on this thread. :L Tbh I wouldnt be surprised if they were reading what we say here.

Offline Queen_Innocent

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2015, 08:33:34 am »
I'd just like to say something regarding the posts that have screenshots of myself..

I did not know this entire event was going to occur. I was hanging out on my Undivided character when someone in the Arai skype chat mentioned the fact that there was a really, really odd looking character named Friggit Froggit (or something along those lines). Curious, I took a couple screenshots of them and sent a couple to another Skype chat which ended up in a discussion that was basically about "Wow, without slider limits maybe we could create more interesting characters such as dachshunds!"

So that led to me asking the user who had the squished character how they did it, and they responded with "YOU WANT IN?" So.. naturally yet pretty cautiously I said sure. They asked me to log off for 5 minutes and then come back, and when I did, I noticed there was a new character on my account.
I was pretty scared because like, how'd they get onto my account and add a character? I thought it was a hack and was about to delete the character when I realized I could use it in case any staff member or something needed proof (I still have it today)
A day or two later I saw the other person, Squash, hanging out and people going "WOW!" so then, y'know, me being the attention deprived puppy, decided to get on Squish and hang out!! because wow!

Yeah anyway, that's my story about how I am completely not related to the hacking event lmao. If anyone would like, I can share screenshots, but there are at least two people who, to my knowledge, went through this same process and are as innocent as I - including the user who had Squash.

EXACTLY. I was Fallen Soldier..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:39:43 am by Kiri »

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 29, 2015, 09:25:37 am »
Don't worry, friend. Your accounts are safe. Do keep in mind that the forum is secure and has not run into any issues as far as what the server has recently gone through, so there's no way for anyone to take your personal information. The passwords on the server are encrypted, and no one is able to take them from the website. Hope this clears a few things up. You're all good. <3
Password reminder sends you a token for your account by the linked email address and not a plain text password..

Will leave it at that.
Just because it's sent doesn't mean it's stored that way, however if the password reminder sends the password you should be concerned.

Offline Hirmo

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 29, 2015, 10:04:28 am »
Oh, I hope you will get it fixed soon :D I so want to play dis

Offline redeye

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 29, 2015, 11:03:23 am »
I was wondering when this would happen with the FH source in circulation for the past 3 years

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2015, 11:05:04 am »
I was wondering when this would happen with the FH source in circulation for the past 3 years

It shouldn't have happened at all, and FH has actually been alive since 2011 without one of these incidents until now.

-removed-
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:36:27 am by Siggy »
Side account for Sigyn