Author Topic: Hacking?  (Read 144515 times)

Offline cottonflower2

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking?
« Reply #460 on: November 29, 2015, 06:51:51 pm »
I really hope that the server comes up today. I'm dying to play! I hope the staff isn't too stressed over this. :(
I'm pretty sure we all want to play, but there are still other things to do, like. Watch a movie, spend time with your family, draw, read a book, or you can play some games on the forums! The game should be up late this weekend or early this week, we just have to be patient! :D
Yeah, I actually found some other games and my brothers and I have been playing games. :D
Good! My parents are taking me to see Mockingjay Part 2 Today! :D Hope you have fun with your brothers!

EDIT: Their tumblr is, deathtofh.tumblr.com
Mockingjay? I recommend bringing some tissues. XD I loved that movie, but I cried three times.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:50 pm »
I keep seeing this same idea and question being brought up throughout the thread and even asked multiple times on the Tumblr the 'hackers' apparently have. I just want to post this to clarify for people that still are confused and can stop asking multiple times.

The hacking is technically over as far as I know. FeralHeart is not being hacked right now. The servers are down because the staff took them down to fix and look into whatever security issues were brought to light from these 'hackers' to prevent it from happening again. So the hacker isn't causing the server to be down by messing things up; but it's down so the staff can look into things.

Also I don't really think the hackers did anything to mess up anything that needs repaired? (Aside from finding cracks in security and what not.) Though I wasn't there and I don't have any inside details or anything. But from what I can tell is all they did was similar things that 'hackers' do on IT servers, like messing with scalers beyond the normals.

Even though I'm sure the majority of people already know this and this post will get lost in a sea of replies on this thread. I just want to state it for those lurking on the thread with the same questions and what not.

Offline Viperther

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2015, 07:25:34 pm »
I really hope that the server comes up today. I'm dying to play! I hope the staff isn't too stressed over this. :(
I'm pretty sure we all want to play, but there are still other things to do, like. Watch a movie, spend time with your family, draw, read a book, or you can play some games on the forums! The game should be up late this weekend or early this week, we just have to be patient! :D
Yeah, I actually found some other games and my brothers and I have been playing games. :D
Good! My parents are taking me to see Mockingjay Part 2 Today! :D Hope you have fun with your brothers!

EDIT: Their tumblr is, deathtofh.tumblr.com
Mockingjay? I recommend bringing some tissues. XD I loved that movie, but I cried three times.
Haha, okay. xD

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 29, 2015, 07:31:29 pm »
I keep seeing this same idea and question being brought up throughout the thread and even asked multiple times on the Tumblr the 'hackers' apparently have. I just want to post this to clarify for people that still are confused and can stop asking multiple times.

The hacking is technically over as far as I know. FeralHeart is not being hacked right now. The servers are down because the staff took them down to fix and look into whatever security issues were brought to light from these 'hackers' to prevent it from happening again. So the hacker isn't causing the server to be down by messing things up; but it's down so the staff can look into things.

Also I don't really think the hackers did anything to mess up anything that needs repaired? (Aside from finding cracks in security and what not.) Though I wasn't there and I don't have any inside details or anything. But from what I can tell is all they did was similar things that 'hackers' do on IT servers, like messing with scalers beyond the normals.

Even though I'm sure the majority of people already know this and this post will get lost in a sea of replies on this thread. I just want to state it for those lurking on the thread with the same questions and what not.

I SECOND THIS. The hacking is pretty much over. There's nothing to freak out about right now.

Offline Wolves1014

• Curious Wanderer
  • ♥ ♥ ♥
    • aiymatsu
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2015, 07:40:51 pm »
Okay so The Hacking is done all we need to do is wait for the servers to open? (Sorry I was offline ouo)

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 29, 2015, 07:44:01 pm »
Okay so The Hacking is done all we need to do is wait for the servers to open? (Sorry I was offline ouo)

Basically, yes. The hacking is over with, though we can't just open the servers up again like normal because they might try to do it again.

in-game: hooli

Offline PercyJackson1002

• Curious Wanderer
  • Daniel La' Suskan
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART Account
« Reply #466 on: November 29, 2015, 07:46:29 pm »

Basically, yes. The hacking is over with, though we can't just open the servers up again like normal because they might try to do it again.

Pretty much they have to close it for the weekend and fix it up until they cover it up and fix the security.
#PrayForFH | Any Q/A just PM me.

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 29, 2015, 07:46:49 pm »
Hey Hooli, are you helping with the server, or something? Because you said "we". Not trying to be nosy, just wondering ^.^

Offline Wolves1014

• Curious Wanderer
  • ♥ ♥ ♥
    • aiymatsu
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 29, 2015, 07:47:13 pm »

Ahh, Now I get it. Thanks. :D

Offline Pinky

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2015, 07:47:44 pm »
Is there going to be like, new things with security on the server? I know they can't do much to alter the game without the source code, but enough to just patch a few holes the hackers got into?