Author Topic: if you're missing feralheart, why not log on?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline CoffeeWorld

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
if you're missing feralheart, why not log on?
« on: December 27, 2023, 05:07:32 pm »
like many of you, for quite a while now I've been missing this game so, so much. then i realized -- it's still up, and there's so many people lamenting, so why aren't we logging on? if everyone saying how much they wish the game was more active logged on regularly, i'd wager there would be 100+ people online -- more if we spread the word!

so why not log on? while you're at it, if it's your thing, i've also started an in-game warrior cats RP :) check out the group advertisements if you're into that. even if not, spread the word and log on!! i'll be on all day, personally.

Offline cosmohause

• Member Of The Season
  • Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Ernfi of Talta
    • cosmohause
    • cosmohause
    • c0ffeev0dka
    • cosmohause
    • View Profile
    • commissions
Re: if you're missing feralheart, why not log on?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 07:29:42 am »
Hi, I assume people are busy. A lot of the old player base were in their early tweens to early adulthood, I started playing FH when I was 12-13 years old, i'm 24 now) and now most of said playerbase are adults. Real life is a thing even if we are all wanting to hop on sometimes there isn't that time in the day.

My Sheezy.ArtSig artist: sapfall Pack of Talta

Offline Volcae

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 05:34:38 pm »
Concerning me, I had a problem with the game. That's why I left for a long time. But your topic is the perfect opportunity to say I'm back !

A few years ago, I couldn't log in the game for no reasons. I pass the details, but I tried everything I could do to fix it, but nothing worked. I was desperate I couldn't play that game anymore, and I was more desperate because of some "children players" who had trash talking to me during my last connexion. So I gave up...

Of course, as cosmohause said, I also had my adult life with busy stuff, and others video games to play (not much playing as a wolf character though...). So I forgot FH for a while...I don't know...5 years ? 6 ? 7 ? Even if I didn't uninstall the game, I didn't play...until today !

I don't know how it's possible, but today, just after the new year, I remembered the game and tried to log in just in case, and it worked !!
It's Christmas again !

So to answer your question, there are many reasons that could make people leave the game (busy life, connexions problems, bad people in the game...), but it doesn't mean that some old player won't come back, or that new players would join, or that the game will die soon ^^

I wanted to answer your question, but I also wanted to share how much I'm happy to play this game again, sorry if that's bothering ^^" Hope to see you in game. Take care and happy new year again !

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 05:47:04 pm »
What Cosmohause said is correct. A majority of the playerbase are adults now, with busy lives and no time to get on the game as much as we used to when we were younger and didn’t have adult jobs and social lives to attend to. While I would love to be able to get on the game all the time, or play games all day in general, I just don’t have that sort of time anymore! I have a job, a boyfriend, and other things like running errands to do. I get on when I can, but it certainly isn’t as much as I used to be able to get on when I was a child.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Harleen

• The FeralHeart Local Friend~
  • Member Of The Season
  • Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ''I don't yell at you. I just speak in all caps.''
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 11:23:34 am »
Many people indeed grew up. And forgot about FeralHeart. Especially also with alot more modern games, this small corner of the internet can be easily forgotten. Although from my experience I’ve seen people come and go, and new players joining. Yeah it would be good if it got a fresh new playerbase~ But personally i do not see FH die anytime soon/at all. This game has gone through quite some a lot, but FH keeps bouncing back after a while. And of course the little bugs or connection problems the game has sometimes is enough to think it’s not worth it to hop on and play. (I too have times that I am done with FH because of errors or connection trouble). Who knows, maybe 2024 will be a better year for FH.
Profile art made by kaizer.ashton + Signature by NightR

Offline zissmol

• Forum Newcomer
    • https://twitter.com/zissmol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 02:34:51 am »
I remember watching people play this as a kid and absolutely wanting to have an account of my own. I recently remembered this game and decided to see if it was still running. It makes me incredibly happy to see it still going. I finally remembered my login information and got on. Since being a younger kid and wanting an account of my own, I have now gone to college and helped develop my esports club on campus. I will never forget where my fascination with video games began. I am having trouble changing my pfp (as if i have anything interesting to change it to) as I'm not exactly well versed in websites T-T
Z <3

Offline antarctica

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 11:27:04 am »
Oh, how this thread makes me so sad and nostalgic. I started playing when I was 9-10.... I turn 23 this year. I love this game so much. Yes, it's true - I have work, my boyfriend, my pets, and my social life to keep afloat as this game remains a fond memory in the back of my mind. One I often wish to return to. As others have stated, niche games such as this with small mostly-nostalgic playerbases often suffer. However, I doubt it will soon completely die. FH unleashed(or its successor) will try to rope in new players, however I don't see the player count of this original version dropping to a complete zero. Myself, I will always continue to return while I am willing and able.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2024, 05:10:09 am »
Ion got no computer man