Author Topic: Mesh Converting  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
Mesh Converting
« on: June 11, 2018, 11:03:31 am »
I have tried finding old threads for converters, scripts, etc. but goodness the stress it getting to me.
I need something that will allow me to convert .obj files to .mesh files with ease, are there any recent sources that aren't gonna lead me to dead/broken links?
i'm here once a blue moon

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
Re: Mesh Converting
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:24:44 pm »
I'd recommend trying out DeleD. It's not the greatest program by any means, but if all you want to do is convert an .obj to a .mesh, it works just fine! It's fairly simplistic and easy to navigate. Just make sure that you download the Ogre Exporter extension along with it (I think it might come with the Ogre exporter by default, but I'm not 100% sure. If not, the download for that is HERE).

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 06:25:32 am »
I'd recommend trying out DeleD. It's not the greatest program by any means, but if all you want to do is convert an .obj to a .mesh, it works just fine! It's fairly simplistic and easy to navigate. Just make sure that you download the Ogre Exporter extension along with it (I think it might come with the Ogre exporter by default, but I'm not 100% sure. If not, the download for that is HERE).

Thank you! I am messing around with the application though I am having trouble finding any way to import .obj files. Mind filling me in on this if you can?

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 06:49:24 am »
You should be able to import it under the Plugins tab at the top, labelled as "Wavefront Obj Importer".

If it's not there, you might have to install the plugin off the website, though I'm pretty sure its included with the program.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:44:15 am »
You should be able to import it under the Plugins tab at the top, labelled as "Wavefront Obj Importer".

If it's not there, you might have to install the plugin off the website, though I'm pretty sure its included with the program.

Oh im getting a start on it now! I've managed to get it ingame with the texture, but model seems to be partially invisible from certain angles. This might be due to how I saved it since I relied on the alpha masking..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:51:36 am by Wolvier »