Author Topic: Resolved: Custom map portals without CODW portal  (Read 905 times)

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
Resolved: Custom map portals without CODW portal
« on: June 14, 2018, 06:14:40 am »
I swear I'm not crazy, I've seen it before! People created portals to other custom maps within their own map, but there was no connection to the 2nd map in the Cape of Distant worlds, only the first, meaning you could only access the map in the custom map itself.. I am curious on how to achieve this effect, as I would totally love to make more routes in some of my personal maps.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:24:38 am by Wolvier »
i'm here once a blue moon

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
Re: Custom map portals without CODW portal
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 06:21:55 am »
Hey! I copied & pasted this comment from a journal on deviantart. Hope it helps!

"Nin-kaii Mar 7, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Go to your hidden maps in map maker. In the very first tab un tick 'Has Portal: [/]'. That way there will be no portal to cape, just the gates you put in to your map. Don't do this to your main map though. I remember I was stuck on this too some time ago. Your welcome! : )"
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Resolved: Custom map portals without CODW portal
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:25:01 am »
Hey! I copied & pasted this comment from a journal on deviantart. Hope it helps!

"Nin-kaii Mar 7, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Go to your hidden maps in map maker. In the very first tab un tick 'Has Portal: [/]'. That way there will be no portal to cape, just the gates you put in to your map. Don't do this to your main map though. I remember I was stuck on this too some time ago. Your welcome! : )"
Wow, it was that simple!? Thank you so much!
i'm here once a blue moon

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Resolved: Custom map portals without CODW portal
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:45 pm »
I'll lock this up for you since the issue has been solved.~

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.