Author Topic: Guide to Making A Successful Bio  (Read 6072 times)

DreamerDay

Guide to Making A Successful Bio
« on: October 20, 2014, 03:56:13 am »
The first thing that would usually pop in people mind is, what information would make my thread instantly popular? Well, do ya? Most people can disagree but i think it that way. Have you ever feel, whenever you make a bio, people just look and move on? Or just care? Well, don't think wrong. Its probably because there just jealous you're way skillful than them. :P Haha, maybe. But then again, do you really what you put on the thread? Do you put every single detail about your life? Do you explain from what you did from a child to now? Well, do ya? Don't get me wrong, but we all love to learn things about you, especially your background and where you came, but to tell the truth, when the details get to advanced, its just TMI. To much information.

What do you mean? I'm trying to say this in the nicest of ways: People don't care what you every second of you life. Its just pointless and stupid. Plus, people would have that feeling you're too much. Or they're just too jealous. But yes, too much information, and too much pointless facts aren't needed.

So, if this true, how can I get better? I'm glad you asked! But, before we get started, have you even thought checking with the Floofs that gets along well? Hm...I don't so. Then again, that would be a great go with. A guide, or some sort of idea you go with. However, I'm not trying to say you should go head and copy what they posted, but just get some sort of an idea, don't you think?

If you want people to check your forums more often, then let me you tell : its isn't worth it. Popularity or no popularity, you still are special about us and we care for you. But please; don't get over the thoughts. Anyway, to the "template".

So, you're saying, how should I start? Very good; I'm thinking to go simple...

First step, just go with the flow. In other words, introduce yourself and explain what's on your mind and why you're explaining.

Next, the other stuff:

Good way to start off)
Name:
Things I like
Height
Birthday
Nickname
Picture
Friends (on game)
Etc

Okay, what is listed above and is, of course, known for, those are good examples and great way to make people to feel the tingles of your hobbies. But, I must warn you, Name - Location I wouldn't go to detailed. I mean, nobody really wants know about your full name, unless your a some type of creep and somewhat a pervert. Additionally, for location. Location is another way prevent things from happening, so just go basic. Example: United States; now that's cool!

ALSO, for pictures, be careful! You showing this to everyone, especially to staffs who wander around. People don't care if you're in bra and pants. But again, please be careful.

Anyway, as you may notice, history and personality - erm, aren't really needed. I wouldn't say 'not really needed' but unnecessary. Maybe history from recently would be great if you wrote some sort of journal, but bio. It just doesn't fit.

Then again, bio is just ways people can understand you more; not something I should tell EVERYTHING to know about the world. If you want people and friends to like you more, then think before writing. Too much information won't lead to good start.

Speaking of 'TMI's', don't do the following...

• Put your entire name
  • What are you doing right this second
  • Write unnecessary things which aren't so interesting
  • More would added)

Okay, I guess this helpful? I'm not sure but I just wanted to point that out. If you have any questions, concerns, comments, please post below. However, if this isn't worth it, lock it if you may; i tired. -shrugs-

Suggestions from others

-post below to put your suggestion.-

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Guide to Making A Successful Bio
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:18:33 pm »
A wonderful guide, Dream. The only thing I would disagree with is the personality. As for myself (and I'm sure a few other floofs), I don't mind reading about personalities, especially if it's someone I think I'd get along with or want to get to know better. Of course, it's best not to over do it. Anyway, I also love how you added the full name, pictures and location. I almost never put pics of myself online (except in a few youtube videos with my friends).
Keep up the great work!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

DreamerDay

Re: Guide to Making A Successful Bio
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:49:57 am »
A wonderful guide, Dream. The only thing I would disagree with is the personality. As for myself (and I'm sure a few other floofs), I don't mind reading about personalities, especially if it's someone I think I'd get along with or want to get to know better. Of course, it's best not to over do it. Anyway, I also love how you added the full name, pictures and location. I almost never put pics of myself online (except in a few youtube videos with my friends).
Keep up the great work!
Ahh, well, that's your opinion.

Other than that, thank you.