Author Topic: FeralHeart Crashing  (Read 11815 times)

baltowolflover

Re: FeralHeart Crashing
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 03:35:10 am »
I just removed some very old friend of my friendlist and then fh suddenly crashes.
I restarted it and it worked until i  pressed the start button.
It already says: Feral heart stopped working...
I even tried to re-download but it didn't worked please help !!!  :'( :'(

I think its better if you make your own thread about it, barely anyone will help you here. Try posting here: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=24.0 Unless you already did. ^-^

~Baltowolflover
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:39:00 am by Baltowolflover »

Offline PinkGecko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 06:34:44 pm »
First of all, most of the material in this thread is taken/copied from other people, all credit to them for fixing it. :3
So I'm just putting them all into one thread. (:

1. Try changing your rendering subsystem.

The absolute First thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.

End~

Plus.. you can also try replacing the selected text in the top row with:

Code: [Select]
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
2. You might be missing/have doubles of some important files, so just re-install the game.

3. You might have double particles, or other particle problems.
- You should also check for doubles in the object files.

What you have to do is go to your particle folder (by default: My Computer -> C: Drive -> Feralheart -> Media -> Particles).

Look at your .particle files. See any with a _0, _1, etc. behind their name? If so, delete them. These are copys automatically made (for some wierd reason I don't know yet - maybe a glitch?) and therefore are uneeded. Be sure you don't delete your main stuff tho, don't kill the original particle template.

4. There's something else wrong with your game?

Just uninstall the game, delete the FeralHeart folder and all the old setups, patches, etc. Then just download and install it again.
That should solve the problem. (:

---

I hope this helps. :3
Feel free to suggest other solutions.
um it wont let me save...

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 08:16:36 pm »
um it wont let me save...
Please don't necro old threads. Make a help thread instead. Be more specific about it too.

Offline Hanjamuffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 01:31:24 pm »
Ramine, it didn't work.. but i think i have a different problem anyway, could you help me solve it?

I've recently downloaded feral heart for the mac, but whenever i open the game, nothing happens. The application icon just jumps(like any application before it opens on a mac) and then won't stop jumping. Nothing pops up, nothing telling me the games crashed or that there's a problem, it just doesnt launch all together.

Help?