Author Topic: SKY/WEATHER (Don't know how to make it)  (Read 1617 times)

Offline awesomeness4ever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
SKY/WEATHER (Don't know how to make it)
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:41:02 pm »
Ok so, i'm not very new, but i just never found out how to make a sky or weather in the sky maker thing.

So, i just wanna make a map that is night all the time, and rains a little  sometimes... How do i do this? In the 'cycle' tab in sky maker, i dont know where to put things... i know where to put the 'light rain', 'rain', and 'snow' but i dont know how to make it night all the time!

Also, i exported a sky file (just to test) in my map, and nothing come up, even when i tested it... the "Cannot find file" tab DIDN'T come up... so i dont understand...
This account is made for like... 4 people. Me, and some of my friends. So if you see me online, it might be one of my other friends xD

Offline Shenzai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The Artist Fennec Fox!
    • View Profile
    • I'm on DeviantArt!
Re: SKY/WEATHER (Don't know how to make it)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 03:25:13 am »
There is no way to actually make it night all the time, but you can make the day be as dark as night.
Simply select 'Day (bottom)' and change the color to a nighty color, then do the same with 'Day (top)', choosing a slighly different color if you want. Then repeat it with Dawn (bottom and top), Dusk (bottom and top) and night, if you want to change it's colors too.
Then scrolling down a bit you'll find Sunrise, sun, sunset and moon. Maybe you could change the colors of the 3 suns to the same color of the night, so they won't appear.
Then you'll find Dawn, day, dusk and night light. Change their colors to all nighty.
Then you just need to set the colors of the clouds!

What a long explanation... I hope you understand. If not, you can ask! :D

And you don't need to export the sky to use it in your map. You just need to save it then load it in your map. But make sure you write just 'YourSkyName' not 'YourSkyName.sky'. It won't work if you add .sky XD

And when you add it to your map, it will only appear when you test, so don't worry if it don't appear right away!

Oh, and I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make weather exactly...

Offline awesomeness4ever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:25:56 pm »
There is no way to actually make it night all the time, but you can make the day be as dark as night.
Simply select 'Day (bottom)' and change the color to a nighty color, then do the same with 'Day (top)', choosing a slighly different color if you want. Then repeat it with Dawn (bottom and top), Dusk (bottom and top) and night, if you want to change it's colors too.
Then scrolling down a bit you'll find Sunrise, sun, sunset and moon. Maybe you could change the colors of the 3 suns to the same color of the night, so they won't appear.
Then you'll find Dawn, day, dusk and night light. Change their colors to all nighty.
Then you just need to set the colors of the clouds!

What a long explanation... I hope you understand. If not, you can ask! :D

And you don't need to export the sky to use it in your map. You just need to save it then load it in your map. But make sure you write just 'YourSkyName' not 'YourSkyName.sky'. It won't work if you add .sky XD

And when you add it to your map, it will only appear when you test, so don't worry if it don't appear right away!

Oh, and I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make weather exactly...
thanks! -nuzzles-  But another question is, what is the cycle tab for? Is that for how long it is night, and how long it is day? Or is the cycle tab just for weather?
This account is made for like... 4 people. Me, and some of my friends. So if you see me online, it might be one of my other friends xD

Offline Shenzai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The Artist Fennec Fox!
    • View Profile
    • I'm on DeviantArt!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 09:52:01 pm »
It's just for weather.
But I remebered that the tutorial I used explains weather (I just didn't read it yet)
here: http://buttonslady927.blogspot.com/2011/07/to-z-map-tutorial-weather.html

Offline deleted19

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 06:45:07 pm »
i downloaded SkyNebula but now i want my normal sky back please hep do somewonne wonne give me the materials and other objects from the normal sky please DX