Author Topic: Is FeralHeart your Secret?  (Read 37683 times)

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Is FeralHeart your Secret?
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »
I don't really keep it a secret but I do to those who hate animals so much.

Rizzla

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2016, 10:25:03 pm »
Do you keep your FeralHeart business a secret from friends in real life?
Yes and no. I have a couple distant friends who know vaguely what it is but either don't have an interest or can't play it. Only one of my closer friends is completely familiar with it and has a account, but she doesn't play much anymore. We still regularly have conversations about our characters, which is always enjoyable. I've also told my mum a bit about it, my dad on the other hand doesn't have a clue.

Would you respond if someone called you by your fursona's name in real life?
That same close friend that I mentioned before actually occasionally refers to me as "Kov", which is short for "Kovikgar", a name associated with one of my fursona's names (Boogie). She only calls me that via Skype and Kik though, but she's still an irl friend so I guess she still counts. People know he and my other fursona exist, though, since she draws them in class for me sometimes, as do I... except I just refer to them as "the characters I write about sometimes", haha. Anyways, no one else calls me that irl and I'd like to keep it that way. As for Scrague, my other 'sona, no one irl calls me that either and I would also like it to remain as such. It's not to say that I don't identify as the two of them in a sense, it's just that I would get embarrassed if people in real life start calling me by those names without actually knowing the true meaning behind it all and end up just assuming that I'm one of those "gross furry people".

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2016, 10:42:28 am »
Mostly. I have had one or two friends who have coincidentally seen me play it. One I used to be friends with made an account because she liked playing MMORPGs, but left when she found out there wasn't a battling system or whatever. Other than that, my parents know I play it but I keep it secret from anyone else. I think I would be looked at very differently if some of my friends found out I've spent 4 years of my life pretending to be a wolf on the internet.

Not really, my fursona's name is somewhat common. If I heard it I would probably pause for a second but would brush it off as someone calling their friend.

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2016, 01:21:48 pm »
Do you keep your Feral Heart business a secret from friends in real life?
Nope, there's no real reason for me to keep it a secret. I just don't bother mentioning FH because it's not a primary part of my daily routines and there's little to talk about with my acquaintances, my business is mainly drawing, music, and fictions. I'd probably only talk about Feral Heart if someone mentions it.

Would you respond if someone calls you by your fursona's name in real life?
I don't really have a fursona, but characters like Telluris and Aclediptus have become my alias for quite a while. It's very far from my nickname irl, but even that is far from my real name. But I would respond if someone calls for Telly or Cled.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Snoozysnore

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Lookin’ handsome…but it’s no time for that
    • larkenox
    • larkenox
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2017, 11:49:01 pm »
Do you keep your Feral Heart business a secret from friends in real life?
That depends on where I met them. If they're used to online communities like these, or are just generally more accepting of these kind of communities, then sure! If they're someone offline who don't have much exposure, I'd rather keep this site, various art/furry sites a secret. Same goes for things regarding my sexuality, and other things that may make me uncomfortable to discuss face to face. I find it easier to talk about those kind of things over text, and to someone who is potentially more accepting of these interests

Would you respond if someone calls you by your fursona's name in real life?
Nono, not unless I was in costume. I don't even like being called my username by those I am Skype/voice calling with! Please just call me Ross, not any other name if we are close, or voice/video calling

Offline flowergirlscum

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2017, 10:52:11 am »

Coming from a small country town, yes. People here simply aren't into games like FeralHeart or roleplaying. Internet friends who I communicate to out of FH know. Only people like family and maybe family friends know I used to play FH in the past, however as I've become more 'socially aware' and fearful of judgement, I brush certain comments about the game off as me simply "being a child". It sucks, but hey, it's nobody's business what I do to escape reality anyway! The only people who know about my interests in roleplaying are my partner and internet buddies.

If I were to have a fursona, then sure! If they're willing to call me by that name, they must have some sort of interest. (:

Offline angelcake12

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Gone I may seem, but never in my wildest dreams.
    • angeldare1
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2017, 10:04:32 pm »
Honestly, no. Why hide something you love if it is harmless to you and others? If someone asks me something that I feel won't harm me or others. I answer honestly. So, yes. I tell my friends when they ask if I play it. It's a part of me and I feel I shouldn't hide it. Because, that wouldn't be me. I am who I am. So, it doesn't matter what others think I should be or what they think about what I like or am. I'm just going to be me.

As for the calling me by my fursona name?
Sure! Why not? I have many friends who calls me by my fursona name. If they want to then they can. It is just a name and again it is part of me. They are my fursona. Who I want to be and am already. If they call me by it, I respond. No harm in it. ^W^
Happy Fall!
Never give up y'all. <3

Offline Starsailor

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • starsails
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2017, 12:15:31 am »
I'll admit that I totally do this. It's not really that I'm, hmm, ashamed of it. It's just that I know that if I tell other people about it, they'll just poke fun at something that is actually quite dear to my heart, & I'm not a fan of that. Sometimes I'll show a friend or two art I've made of my characters or whatever, but it's rare that I ever tell anybody outside of Feralheart that I play this game. My friends just simply aren't into role-playing or animals. :P

Haha, heck yeah. I'd actually be excited, honestly. I love the names that my characters have. {Obviously! I pick them} Although I do like my name irl, I personally don't think it fits me all that well, so it would be a neat change.

Ingame user: Starsailor
starsails.deviantart.com

Offline Carriwitchet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Somewhere, somehow <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2017, 03:50:59 pm »
Q: Do you keep FeralHeart business a secret from friends in real life?
A: To be honest, I don't really have that many friends in the first place. If they knew about the game and confronted me for it, I'd have no trouble saying I play it though. Otherwise, I don't really mention anything to them in our conversations. I've tried getting one friend to play it because she seemed like she would enjoy roleplay, but she outright refused as soon as she heard you had to make an account. (I guess she could be considered one of the more uptight ones, but a good friend and writing partner nonetheless). FeralHeart remains as one of my secrets, and I'm okay with that. Heck, even my family doesn't seem to really care. (My dad might've caught me playing a few times though).

Q: Would you respond if someone called your fursona's name in real life?
A: Well...I don't really have a set fursona. See, I just have too many OCs (Original Characters) to pick from. However, if someone did call out one my OC's names, I'd do that slowly turning around thing they do in horror movies; but my expression would be more of a mix of surprise and shock, and maybe a touch of curiosity. My OC names are quite unusual, since they have names with multiple words in them. For example:
-Black Rose of Deceiving Innocence (Black Rose for nickname)
-Merciless Spirit that Haunts for Eternity (Spirit for nickname)
-Silent Snowfall
-Lost Light
-Visions from Yonderland
-Ringer of Death's Call

You get the point, right? Let's be real for a second, if someone was to call out any of these names, I'm pretty sure anyone would have an incredulous look on their faces.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2017, 04:28:19 pm »
(Not sure if I've responded to this before but I don't think I have.)

I don't necessarily keep FeralHeart a secret from friends in real life, it just doesn't tend to come up in conversation so I rarely ever talk about it. My group of friends aren't the animal/furry type so I just tend to not speak about it if the subject is about gaming. My family, however, know about it, they tend to walk past my room and see it on my screen while I'm drawing, the first few times they did ask what it was but after that they got used to me playing it. My Grandma is quite invested into what I like to do so she keeps track of what I draw and play, as I make presets quite often, she watches me make them and test them in game, apart from that no one really knows about it.

If it's one of my friends that don't play FeralHeart and don't use deviantArt then I most likely won't respond due to it being awkward, as they don't even know my fursona's name, but, if it's someone I met on FeralHeart and/or deviantArt and saw them in real life, I will most likely respond to Arreze/Aluze/Reg/Reggy, other than that I probably wont.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss