Author Topic: Scheduled instead of Random?  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Wolfish Grin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • ..and then I was like 'lol whoops, my bad...' |D
    • View Profile
Scheduled instead of Random?
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:16:28 am »
Hi guise!~

Okay, so I do realize this is a rather touchy subject that mods and others don't like discussing much (and I do realize why, as it gets tired to repeat things over and over again), so sorry if this suggestion annoys you all, and might even get locked but that's okay, it's just a thought.

Anwayz, I was wondering if instead of having the registration open only randomly, we could have scheduled times registration would be open? I know it's sort of a stretch, as the random thing is put in for a reason (to cut back on traffic and the large number of users), but I know there are lots of people still trying to make accounts who'd really like to play, and I was also thinking about making an alternate account myself as I've heard they come in handy for roleplaying purposes.

I've never- emphasis on never- of all the time I've been on the forums ever since Raz slowed things down, seen the registration open (and back then I wasn't even thinking about making the alternate account). And, although it doesn't look like I'm on the forums much because of my post count- I am, actually- I just hang in the offtopic section my entire on-site life. And I know other people have complained about this (and mind you I'm not complaining, I'm just suggesting), but I'd like to offer a thought that might settle between both sides.

If a schedule of when the registration would be open can't be put in, maybe someone could give a range of time when the registration might be open, and within that range of hours it will be open randomly? Or have on certain days of the week there could be a schedule (or range of hours) it would be open, but other days it would be random? Something a little bit easier for us, because frankly, I'm so lost on when to get on the computer and check. And besides, I usually can't get on early, or even midday, and usually only manage around the afternoon or evening, and by then I've pretty much figured it doesn't open during the later hours of the day. If it even opens at all.

Now,  have heard it has, but I'm really starting to be dubious, and even to the point where the 'Registration Closed, Try Later' message stares at me and mocks me. >.>''

Anyways, it would be great if some kind of hint, even a little something, could be given to us to so we could sign up for this amazing game.~ Thank yewz. <3
I really need to get around to updating my siggy.
Meh, but that would require effort.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Scheduled instead of Random?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 02:46:29 am »
Then that would defeat the purpose of adding the random registration in the first place. If everyone starts learning a constant cycle of when it opens then there may as well not be restrictions on the registration in the first place. Everyone just needs to be patient like everyone else. The registration opens very often at random hours and days so everyone has a chance to get it at some point. Those who want to join just keep checking in. Just yesterday last night it was open.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:52:28 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline ace13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Squash ball racquets PROHIBITED!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 06:22:32 am »
I actually think there should be a time zones schedule. As us Aussie's have to get up at like 2 o'clock in the morrning (that's what I've heard) just to make an account. I don't make plural accounts myself- anymore, but I'm just thinking of the others who can't make their account because it's either too late, or too early in the morrning or night. As it's really unfair for the other people in different countries to make an account when the registration times open at an American time, or English, Swedish, I don't know which it is. But I'm just saying the registration should open in different times, in different countries, yet only once a day or week.

That may be hard to manage, but it would make much sence if it were managed. I'm not sure if it actually is managed, but I am doubting that it is. If it isn't, well then it should be managed, somehow. Just my opinion is all, others don't have to contribute ^^'
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:23:05 am by ace13 »

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:09:48 am »
As mentioned above, it'd take away the full purpose of registration being closed in the first place.
Right now, it can come on at any hour and any day.
There wouldn't even be a point to have registrations open for timezones.
Right now, even if you're American, it can open in the morning.
Sometimes in the middle of the night and sometimes a rather normal hour.

I personally don't see why this subject is brought up more than once.
It's been stated that it's probably going to stay this way, at least for a long time, more than once.

One topic.
Another topic.

And then it's mentioned in pretty much every help thread that has been made about the registration.
I get how it can be frustrating, but it's the way it is.
RETIRED.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:18:22 pm »
I think the replies before mine already sums things up well enough.

I really do understand why users want to be able to know when the times are going to be open so they know they will always be able to get an account when they need, or tell others "That's when it's open". But this whole registration situation is not here to make it easy for users to register. It's functioning as it should, those who truly wants an account must keep checking up on the site and find an open time in order to get their account.

I can admit that there comes a few negatives by having the registrations running like this, but for the bigger picture this is needed and it has been explained quite a few times. The random registration times will really remain as is for quite some time until it's said otherwise. Maybe things could be adjusted a bit in the future if the game could get a few changes but as things are running and working at the current time this was, and still is a needed change, and setting up scheduled times will as mentioned above.

Defeat the purpose of it in the first place.

I thank you for the input though but this is not something that will change for now and registrations will remain as is, feel free to message me or any of the mods if there's something you wish to bring up though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 08:02:05 am »
Not gonna add onto what Red said cause he summed it up perfectly xD
But I will point out that registration DOES open. And it's open pretty often. This month alone we had had over 700 new members. The staff who runs the FH Tumblr (myself, Crin, Delay, Ringo) try to update it each time we see that it's open, so be sure to check there also.
http://feralheart-official.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:03:39 am by wolffox »