Author Topic: The CHALLENGE  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Squee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
The CHALLENGE
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:56:36 pm »
I understand that the forum has a 'competition and events' board. And every so often there are contests presented like the recent Art contest etc.. And the preset contest is there most of the time.

I know that this is more in the hands of judges etc...

My idea for the forum is a little something called 'The Challenge'

The Challenge is basically when all forms of medium related to Feralheart (Map maker, preset maker, object maker) are able to be chosen. Like with the Preset Contest a theme is chosen or this is what would be called the challenge.

For Example:

Sea

Now all the users who feel like they need a challenge or just need a map idea can come and challenge themselves according to this theme. They can chose to create a map or preset or object etc.. relevant to the theme.

These challenges not only provide something fun for members but also an oppurtunity to learn more about their abilities! :)

The voting system can be like that of MOTS. Users suggest a limit of their more favoured inventions and a poll is created where the winner is determined from the amount of votes.

Prizes for winning can be donated Arts or something if people really actually think prizes are needed.

The idea is vague. Very fuzzy. But somehow had to be explained in a way. Like I've said. I suck at explaining.

Anywho that's my forum idea. xD

I'm not sure if this is in the right topic or anything. So really sorry if it isn't. ;n;

C  R  O  S  S  W  O  R  K

Signature by Velkss! :)

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
Re: The CHALLENGE
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:02:32 pm »
Hey this sounds interesting, I think it would be awesome if there were competitions not only for preset making but for all aspects of art that has to do with FH, particularly Map Making. I think a map contest would be so wicked to enter! Interesting idea here to be sure, I hope that one day it might be put into action :)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:01:24 am »
It would be nice for a competition to have a variety of things submitted and not like one thing like everyone has to do presets, art, objects, etc.
In the future I would like to see this happen. c:

Also map and object in competitions would be awesome. :o

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 02:27:10 am »
I like the sounds of this idea. :D And some people excel in making maps more than presets or vice versa and etc.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 01:20:01 am »
Hmm, I could certainly see that being interesting~ I even like the name of "The Challenge." xD

Really, the only issue I see with that would be just regulation (for fairness, checking for original work, etc.) and how on earth they would be judged against one another.
For example, the map makers could certainly add many, many more dimensions to their creation than an object maker, or even preset maker, because they're essentially using objects and the like simply to create their theme. So, it might be a bit difficult to judge.
Perhaps they could add a different dimension to the competition, by incorporating a "Favorite Map", "Favorite Preset", and "Favorite Object" along with the all-out winner of "The Challenge." That might be an idea.

I do see where you're coming from, though, and I do like the idea~ Thanks for the input. :3

Side note*
I'm not sure, but I do believe that a year or two ago, they actually did have map making competitions... Unfortunately, though, I wasn't nearly as active on the forum, so don't hold me to that. I can't be sure. xD
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline peachbreeze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 02:25:32 pm »
Not a bad idea, maybe you should pm staff about it.

.-.