Author Topic: Favorite kind of Role play?  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Favorite kind of Role play?
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:37:00 pm »
What is your favorite kind of Role play?

Hey guise! So I've been wondering for a while now, and I've been tampering to know what everyone's favorite kind of Role play is. Do you like literate role plays? illiterate role plays? realistic? semi realistic? plot/no plot? Just give me your opinions on what kind of role play you like/love/enjoy!

My favorite kind of role plays are the literate, semi realistic ones. You get to share your individuality within the role play character and you can have your character have any skill you wish. Whether it's a venomous bite or having the ability to change the colour of your eye to mach your mood. Or even creating your own species. The kind of role play that doesn't involve auto hit or wolf speak.

So, What is your favorite kind of Role play? :]

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite kind of Role play?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:47:03 pm »
I like realistic, semi-literate roleplays. I just really like using and seeing other realistic characters, and being in a semi-literate one means I don't have to think too much about my next post. xD But I'll still be up for a literate roleplay if it was appealing enough. I don't really like RPs with a plot already mapped out, because it kind of takes away your freedom a bit of being able to roleplay certain situations when you have to stick to a particular plot/chain of events.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline ~Sorowsong~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Never go anywhere with out the internet~MiniHacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:02:22 pm »
My favorite type of Role-play's are probably, literate, mapped, unplotted, active and semi-realistic. I can't stand RP's that die out within a day, it irritates me greatly XD. Also, no plots because then you can be more creative and things of that sort. Semi-real so I can make my charries have red or purple eyes lolz. I took a liking to mapped RP's because they are all different and so creative! ^^ Literate because, well, I like literacy XD. I usually stick to warrior cat RP's,so  these requirements are easy to meet. :) :) :)
"You wish to fight me, but you do not know the cost. The cost is your life. For it will be you who falls beneath my paws, to never rise again." ~By, me~  -In game: ~Sorowsong~-

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:57:40 pm »
I prefer mostly Realistic, Literate, and Mapless(mostly mapless anyways) RPs, but I'm willing to give many a try :D I usually op for non-plotted, simply becase I like plots with mapped RPs. They just aren't as fun in a public map where many flooofs can interupt.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 01:37:29 am »
My favorite kind of role-play ranges from a realistic animal-based ones, fantasy, sometimes book-inspired role-plays, and those with a either a set theme or story. In addition, with a story behind the role-play to eventually allow freedom of the player to interact with afterwards instead themselves being "part" of the story. This usually limits what people can do in following a story, however, that's just my opinion, I'm not too much of an interested person to participate in those types of role-plays. I don't mind public or private role-plays, either one suits me just fine. I also have no mind in role-playing with beginners and experienced role-players, all the same, it's fun.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 06:29:05 am »
Hurr, my favorite kind of roleplay.. actually varies, similar to what Fox stated before me. For starters, I prefer strictly experienced and mature (or what some individuals call 'literate') roleplays. Meaning I won't join if it's anything less. Tis' just what I've grown greatly accustomed to over the years. Whether it be mapped or mapless doesn't matter to me for a roleplay is a roleplay, no matter where the location is. It also doesn't matter much to me if the establishment is to be plotted or not. However, I am not as experienced when it comes to acting out and using the anatomy of a feline, thus I prefer roleplays that are held using the canine models. The realistic levels vary for me as well. Even though it's much more easier for me to roleplay as a canine either realistic or semi-realistic, there have been times (though rarely) where I'd linger to the unrealistic level of character structure, DNA, abilities, etc. Mainly, it's the potential I see within' a certain group and it's members that catches my interest most of the time.
gone

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 06:37:53 am »
I have a few favorite types of roleplays to get involved in. I really like realistic kind of roleplays, with no magical powers but just natural animal behaviors. I also like some fantasy roleplays. Before, I never really got involved in unrealistic roleplays. But then I went up to Sky's Rim, made a manticore character, and joined in on some of the roleplays that went on there. I must admit I really enjoyed getting involved into a different kind of roleplay. Whenever I do play as a fantasy kind of character, I give them little to no magical powers.
I also like book/movie/anime/media inspired roleplays: Warrior Cats, The Last Unicorn, Homestuck, Spirit, etc. I have been in roleplays that kinda had a mix of more than one story inspired plot line. I have been involved in a Warrior Cats roleplay that had a hint of Homestuck (kits and apprentices that were like the trolls of Homestuck) and a hint of The Last Unicorn (with a unicorn fox that was transformed into a warrior she-cat to be saved from the "red bull") And of course, the unicorn fox sometimes plays the role of the lusus to the zodiac troll cats..... It's a complicated story.
Inactive

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »
I enjoy literate, realistic or semi-realistic Roleplays. Though I often make my own as I make highly unique and new Roleplays so I never see the same thing. I also enjoy to have Roleplays with plots. It makes it easier to understand them. Besides that I like almost any kind of Roleplay. I can go for so realistic that the animals don't talk and they use body language to flying zebras with the heads of dragons (<-- XD Not sure what I was thinking when I posted that). Any Roleplay that is unique and has a close-knit family of members makes me happy~<3

Offline Darkspore42

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Spore
    • View Profile
    • Darkspore info
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 05:25:53 pm »

i like stuff like this ------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3viRVB22I

Offline Darkspore42

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0