• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your sona' name?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 03:25:50 am »
Well, many of you are aware of my obsession with Assassin's Creed. So, naturally I needed an AC-based 'sona. Thus Jackdaw was born. He is named after Edward Kenway's ship in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Not only did I choose it because he's sort of a loosely based Edward-inspired character, but I simply just adored the name Jackdaw in general. X3
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 01:49:28 am »
@ JimMoriarty ; Ah hah! I've been wondering about you, now it's all coming together. (Oh gosh, that siggy. "SHUT UP, SON! I DON'T CAAAARREE!!") Best sona ever. We should have a monthly "Favourite Fursona Contest" here so I can nominate you.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 02:00:33 am »
@FieldsForever; Buahahahah, d'awww, thank youuh. X3 <3
Glad le siggy could entertain 'ya, too. ;3
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 03:01:31 pm »
I'd forgotten that I hadn't replied to this. xD

I got Allegra's name shortly after I'd joined FH, actually, and I'd made her at around June of 2011.
I had an idea for a normal red wolf character (I was shaking up my usual character style), and so once I'd made her, I wasn't sure on a name. However, at the time I'd been watching the movie "Hitch" (it's fantastic, you should watch it sometime), and one of the character's names was Allegra Cole.

I thought, "Allegra! That's pretty, and it seems to fit this character."

So, thus was Allegra's name. xD She was only a normal red wolf (no wings), but my main roleplaying character for over two years, until last fall I decided that I wanted to combine my beloved Allegra with Linger, my winged lion, to make a character that was in its purest essence, "my" fursona. So, while Allegra's design changed a little bit with the addition of Linger's traits, she retained the name of my beloved roleplay character, and much of her personality, as well.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Shoes

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 04:09:30 pm »
Mine mostly came to me cause of the color of her pelt.. but i wanted it to be a little more unique. i thought about naming her Skarla. but Skarlett just kinda sounded better :3

Skarlett the Maned wolf/Hyena Hybrid <3

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 08:25:33 pm »
My main characters name 'BlackFlame' came from a very confusing book called 'Eye Of The Wolf' Which I had to read three times to understand what was going on. cx

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 08:36:03 am »
Arkanis was my first actual name I used that wasn't generic and i've used it since. If i had to guess, i really think its just a combination of pokemon names but spelled a bit differently. My two favorite pokemon at the time were arcanine and arceus and a combination of the two names spells out Arcaneus. Replace a few of the vowels and boom! there's my name.

Another one I use commonly is Azarath. I remember originally I wanted the characters name to be astaroth, but at that time I played way too much soul calibur and saw him as one of the characters on there. The character the name was for MAY have gotten his name a bit modified because parts of his design remind me closely of a certain soul eater character. And thus he was born! Only to find out his name is part of one of raven's spells xD

A few more character names ive used: Zaros comes from the mmorpg called runescape and is one of the first gods in the game's lore. Madara, aizen and medusa all come from anime ive watch and at the time loved that villain for some reason. >:3 im weird like that. Torn was first an abbreviation of tourniquet when i wasn't able to spell it. And one of my oldest characters was honestly an interpretation of a newbie I met a long time ago on wolfquest that was extremely rude to me. I took those mannerisms plus part of their persons username and used it to creature kage as my first villain.

Also, not my character, but one of my friends named her villain jazmine after her boss at work. xD I just fine that hilarious.

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline kaya

• Bite me and I'll kick yew arse C: ~ Rak$ha
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 11:14:11 am »
Well, my fursona's name is Bumblebee. I gave her the name after Bumblebee from Transformers.. since I love Transformers and I reeeeeeeally love Bumblebee, LOL. Not much of a story but yeah...

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 02:23:54 am »
Wow, you guys really have great stories! I really love hearing them, very interesting, indeed. <3.~
not active here anymore ♡

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 09:25:31 am »
My fursona's name is "Clover"
No, I'm not Irish
But 4-Leaf Clovers are very rare and special and a name I knew that (hopefully) no one else would have.

Short story.