• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your sona' name?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 02:15:38 pm »
My fursona's name is Hermione. I gess ya'll might know where I got her name from, I have just started getting into the Harry Potter series and I love how Hermione is, daring, smart, and very, very pretty. Plus, I do like her name, and it matched my new fursona, so eyup. Hermione from Harry Potter!

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 05:18:45 pm »
^ fav
But uh, I've got so many characters, but I really only go by two, Ruby or some people call me Sacred.
I created Ruby (a dragon) because I was just always a huge fan of dragons. I always liked Spyro, Eragon, etc. And she was red, so it was between something like Scarlet or Ruby. Just kind of fit I guess.
Sacred is a little different. I got her name from an old game I used really like. When I was younger I was still playing mmos, haha. My two favourites were called Dungeon Siege and Sacred. Didn't think naming a character Dungeon Siege would fit too well, so Sacred it was.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 05:50:37 pm »
M'ulahkrin

I got her name from The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim :3
The game Skyrim, has a made up language known as Dovahzul, or Dragon Tongue.
The 'Mul' part of her name means 'strong' in English, 'Ahkrin' means 'Courage'.

Mul = Strong
Ahkrin = Courage

M'ulahkrin = Strong Courage

As a side note, her nickname is Krin. This translates to Courageous.

Starry

Nothing special about her, my username was Stargazer, that is my nickname.

Qahnaarin

My new TEC character that I created. His name is also a word in Dovahzul.

Qahnaarin - Vanquisher

(Nicknames)

Qahnaar - Vanquisher

Qahn - Armor

Zu'u los faskah.

^ This means "I am fluffy." ^
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:53:30 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 06:20:10 pm »
Wellz I wanted a name that NOBODY else would have. Not just another name like idk, "Ice, Splat, Tooth, Frosty, Bloodshed, etc" any stuff like that. I kinda wanted a name where people would hear it and know that it was me. Not say, "Oh there's like ten people with that name- which one are you talking about?" No. Nein. No. I wanted my name to be remembered, basically. So I thought for such a long time, pasting random letters together. Eventually, in a Sciense class, we were doing a lab. Long story short, I was holding a Vile and a Flask and mixed the two words together. Creating the name Vask. I came home and looked up the word on Google Images and all it showed me were pictures of Sinks...so I approve. I doddled around with The name until I made the perfect character to go with the name. And TADA. VASK WAS BORN

Aicosu125

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2014, 11:48:53 pm »
Cheshire's name came from Alice in Wonderland. o3o Done..

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 02:30:27 am »
My main character is named Turtle. It was Squirtle but some Pokemon roleplayers got pretty mad at me (I looked up Squirtle and I'm just like "OF COURSE IT'S A POKEMON" and I've never seen Pokemon before...) so I changed it to Turtle, because the name 1. sounds adorable and 2. It reminds me of happy, fuzzy, and nice feelings and reminds me of sand and the beach so I used it.

Then, for another character named Hadhi, the name simply means 'status' in Swahili.

Another character I have is named Fashan. It was a name from awhile ago that I used, it was from a story about foxes that I was writing. I just looked it up on a baby names site, the origin is Hindu and it means silver or gold which makes sense, for he is a silver red fox. So yeah o3o

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 08:31:24 pm »
To be completely honest, I got my sona's name by randomly jumblin' some letters around until I found somethin' that sounded interestin'.

I did the same exact thing with Arkanis. xD Just jumbled a bunch of letters and poof!

Though after  a while, i kinda realized that its like a mispelled morphing of my two favorite pokemon at that time, Arcanine and Arceus. Because its basically Arcanus with the c replaced with a 'k' and u with an 'i'.

13 year old me was sooooo creative! *So much sarcasm x3*

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 08:53:51 pm »
Well, my first "sona" was Wolfie, since I was about twelve and thought to myself "You know what would be unique? Since everyone has 'wolf' in their name, mine should be 'wolfie'! Yeah, because no-one uses 'wolfie'." Literally my exact thoughts, I used to have a diary and wrote that in there -slight laugh- So, now it's just Wolfie. She has no other name, besides what her "boyfriend" calls her (which would just be Wolf).
My second "sona" is Jagged Skies (I just call him Jag). Now, he doesn't have a real name - anymore (because I'm really bad with names) - so he goes by Jagged Skies, Jagged, etc. How he got the name, well, funny story. I used my old ChickenSmoothie account (laggedwolfie - I deactivated it though, haven't touched CS in a while) and my middle name (which would be Skie). Well, I thought that "Lagged Skies" sounded pretty dumb, so just went with "Jagged Skies" - because, it sounded cool.
-Wolfie

Offline Lucid Nightmare

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • i hate everything about this account
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 09:34:36 pm »
As stupid as it may sound, I was looking up pretty words. I found the definition of 'lithe' (thin, supple, and graceful) and thought, "That sounds nice, let's just add an 'n' to it.". I also based her look on the word.
So her name actually holds no personal meaning, I just found a pretty word and went with it.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 03:19:35 pm »
People always called me Wolf, and then well, it caught on. I thought it was not "cute" enough, so I thought up things, Wolfly, Wolfy, and then... WOLFIE. And, ka-boom, there ya go! And, she has her own life and everything. :3 And, I'd rather everyone call me Wolfie then my real name - I have nothing against my real name, it's just... I like Wolfie better.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!