Author Topic: Not a single map will let me in. Why?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Nutella2

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The most anonymous person you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
    • My dA. c:
Not a single map will let me in. Why?
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:58:43 am »
Oh. Hey. I come here too much, hmm? o^o Sad, isn't it. Well, see... I see how other people are having this problem, too. Every time I get on a character, no matter if it's Fluorite or not, I keep getting a warning "Failed to connect to Map Server. Retry?" I always click Cancel, because the retry button doesn't work. I've uninstalled FeralHeart and everything, tried restarting, nothing works. I try to get into the Cape? No. Ficho? No. South Pole? No. And all the worlds out of Lonely Cave fail as well. Ascension doesn't work, either. And the server doesn't have many users online next to the usual eight hundred, either. I have no idea what's wrong with FeralHeart, at first I thought my join.me that was online was causing my FeralHeart to lag and not work, but that wasn't the case, because all the other people have the same problem probably don't have a clue what Join.me is. Does anybody have a clue what's wrong? I'm bored, there's nothing to do but get on FeralHeart. Does anyone have tips that could work? ;u;
Anonymousness. yay. c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Not a single map will let me in. Why?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:19:18 am »
This same problem was happening to someone else on the forum just a few days ago and everything we suggested didn't work for her up until she just reinstalled the game and then installed the patch... it didn't make sense to me why that would work but it worked for her so it's always worth a try.

Edit weird I pasted the wrong quote to you earlier but yeah here it is.(sorry I'm working from mobile)
You probably should just wait for the server to be restarted. I've been hearing that quite a few of the maps are having trouble today... the server is due for a restart so wait and see if things come around once it's restarted first.

Failed to connect to map server is a message you also can get while changing maps and entering portals in the game. It's usually nothing severe either, and as worst, your character might be stuck in that map until there's a reset of the map server process. Another issue similar to this can be if you get the loading screen after choosing a character, but it never loads. Most of the time it should be followed by this "failed to connect" message. If you try to choose another character that isn't placed in the same map, it sometimes let you play since every map in the game, has it's own server process. Sometimes the server needs to be restarted in order to fetch some stuck characters. If you had characters that's been stuck for weeks, you should contact the staff.[quote\]

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:06:16 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Nutella2

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The most anonymous person you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
    • My dA. c:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:51:49 am »
The thing is..

I HAVE the patch.

FeralHeart is patched to its latest version.

No FH+

But the patch.

I don't understand. ;u;

Plus, I don't have a Firewall. (Which solves my problem for getting viruses last time.)

I also don't have an antivirus on this computer. My connection is fine. Nothing works. I really don't understand.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:57:31 am by Cheshires »
Anonymousness. yay. c:

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:02:07 am »
I had the same peoblem. I brought all my chars back to the lonely cave re-down loaded and it was fixed