Poll

SOPA/ACTA/PIPA?

I think they're a good idea to fight against pirating!
It's good to defend copyright laws, but they're taking it a bit far. (Sign a petition!)
I am against them. (Sign a petition to stop them!)
What? (Check out the many helpful links below for more information)

Author Topic: [16.07.12] Internet Censorship and Copyright Legislation  (Read 71633 times)

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: SOPA
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 09:28:26 pm »
Don't blackout the game or forum!

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 09:35:30 pm »
I doubt FH will black out.

I think it is horribly rude of a website to allow SOPA and PIPA to affect the users before they even pass. Just like other sites are doing, don't shut down, just inform.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 09:46:57 pm »
I agree with you in every way. It's a new year, can't we have a good year with internet fine?

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 10:57:12 pm »
I doubt FH will black out.

I think it is horribly rude of a website to allow SOPA and PIPA to affect the users before they even pass. Just like other sites are doing, don't shut down, just inform.

We are informing. Do you know how many users have no clue what SOPA is? If they went to check the forum and all they saw was a huge notice saying "This site has been taken down in protest to SOPA and PIPA bills" with a quick explanation and link to further information, wouldn't more people be informed that way?

Don't blackout the game or forum!

We're not shutting down anything; it's only a day of blackout, not a permanent thing... And at this point it's a bit late to join in the protest anyway. So... enjoy your game.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 11:19:22 pm »
They weren't protesting earlier, but Google now has a link on the homepage to learn more about SOPA/PIPA, and StumbleUpon will only send you to SOPA related sites :D

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 11:57:54 pm »
There is inform...and just plain annoy. A couple pages I've been on say " Censored by SOPA" Which is terribly misinforming.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 12:18:44 am »
There is inform...and just plain annoy. A couple pages I've been on say " Censored by SOPA" Which is terribly misinforming.

It's only a day. And it's not misinforming exactly; it's a representation of what SOPA may do it it were to become a reality. Granted, they should leave up some sort of information with it...

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 05:42:29 am »
Lawcere. There's a modify button over your previous posts. Try not to double post.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 05:49:06 am »
What has been annoying me about this was this one page where it was all like "Sign this so SOPA can not pass and you can then continue to your webpage!".

What was so terrible about that I hear you ask?

They effectively blocked that website from being used by anyone NOT from the US. They asked for all your american details, and yet so nicely forgot that the internet isn't MADE OF FREAKING AMERICANS.
Yes, protesting SOPA is alright, but not at teh expense of others. This block out is silly in my opinion and is doing nothing but getting on the nerves of others because the only people who have no clue about SOPA are those who WILL NOT BE EFFECTED.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 10:12:35 am »
I do wish people would stop making such a fuss about SOPA and PIPA. The internet is far too large, and the sites that they say they want to block are gargantuan (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Wikipedia). I highly doubt that it's going to happen. It's just another one of these things that gets everyone in to a panic. There are a lot of internet-based companies also nowadays, it's seriously not practical. There is too much opposition.

Calm down and think about it for a moment.