Author Topic: Repeating Post Raid?  (Read 7056 times)

Offline OfficialSwifty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 79
  • Music Raving Every Day
    • View Profile
Repeating Post Raid?
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:46:46 am by Axraiel »
"Huehue"

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Repeating Post Raid?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:04:35 pm »
The thing is... I totally agree with you.

I've seen plenty of people who just copy and paste their welcome's etc into different threads.
I have certain things that I always go through in the posts, but I always make sure to make the post at least a little personal. I've never copied and pasted the same thing into two different threads.

The other thing is repeating things you've said in the same thread. It's happened now and then and it's certainly frustrating, but I still do it. - Some people don't seem to be able to scroll up and read it again, but tend to ask again.

Even if I want to get my posts etc up, I wouldn't take these things to consideration to do so. I simply let it take its time and post when it's necessary.
RETIRED.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:35:32 pm »
I agree with you and with everything Reckless said.

Although, I find myself doing exactly that way too often.
For example: My bio thread, I just can't think of anything else to post than 'Thanks'. Plus it wouldn't be very polite if I'd just ignore them.

So I choose the easy way.

But yarr..
Just because I've seen so many pointless spamming, I don't like it that much either.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 08:15:18 pm »
This all may be true & I do agree with you. But just keep in mind that ranting about it may make it worse, because the person posting posts that don't need to be posted will see this & notice this as something that really bothers you (and many others, like me) meaning that they may do it more to bug you, yes this may not be true for all who do this.

Just remind them to ask themselves if the post is really worth posting. Yes, I used to do this, but I've matured.

P.S Should this be locked?

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Thierry

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:18 pm »
I often use copy+paste on introduction threads, specially when im talking them to read the game rules, or to take a look to forum. But i always write some text myself, but sometimes i don't know what to write because i never seen these users before and makes me to write short real welcomes.

I paste almost the same answer to the same question at game help, but i always reading carefully the question to give the best answer.

copy+paste helps a lot on frequently asked questions, using it in moderation and is not bad.

I dislike with people who repeats threads everywhere and i agree.

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:49 pm »
what bothers also, is when people post on a thread with a suggestion that has been stated over and over and over again by people before them, on the same page as the original post. as then the original poster is just bombarded with the same (possibly, in terms of help threads) useless information instead of suggesting not put forward by a person before them

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:45 pm »

I think Ramine would've locked it, if it was seen as an unnecessary thread.

copy+paste helps a lot on frequently asked questions, using it in moderation and is not bad.
Yes, I agree with this, I mean, copy and paste is something I'd love to have in-game as well. xD It's always good, as long as it's not over-used.
I keep a document on my desktop with useful links and such, if I didn't have copy and paste.. Well yea.
I think what Ax means is the short welcomes that are just .. Plain and non-personal over all.

what bothers also, is when people post on a thread with a suggestion that has been stated over and over and over again by people before them, on the same page as the original post. as then the original poster is just bombarded with the same (possibly, in terms of help threads) useless information instead of suggesting not put forward by a person before them
We see 'new' suggestions that have been discussed, 'new' complaints that have already been discussed/brought up as well.
Then again, it may be rather difficult keeping track of every thread that's already been brought up.. Perhaps people don't spend as much time on the forum as some of us do and have completely missed these threads before or don't bother checking different pages to see if it's already been brought up.
RETIRED.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »

No need to, nothing wrong with dis thread.

But aye, I do agree with you. I try not to reply with the same thing constantly - I don't like the repeating myself to the point where it seems insincere or hollow. I do, however, keep a notepad on my desktop full of quotes of things that I may need - shortened urls, easy explanations to complex subjects. Because, hey, some of these things will take 20 or so minutes to make a full and decent reply to, and I really don't want to retype that every time it comes up. Same goes with PMs, though I do try to take care to personalize those in some way so I don't sound like I'm a robot with "Hello subject name here, and thank you for contacting me about subject of concern here". Because that's GlaDos' job, not mine.

On the note of repeating a one word answer through every thread, though... that's when it can be taken as spam, and spam on the forums is no different than spamming in the game, really.

I don't think that post count is such a big deal. Too many variables involved. So I'm just going to keep putting along and get to somewhere when I get there.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 10:20:30 pm »
I agree too. I only post more than once on a topic if it's my own. --When they reply and all, I like to reply back. I don't say the same exact thing, though.

~~Alaskan~~

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 10:51:41 pm »
@Crin

I guess you could say that. I agree also with you. It's true that they'd want to post to raise their post counts, but it won't make you look any cooler. It be at least smarter to edit a post rather than spamming. The forum isn't like writing down notes, but rather like a detailed conversation, if you were to compare. If posters that like to spam were to ask if the thing they'll post has any  relevancy to the topic or not, they'd most likely not post too much times on the same thing.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!