Author Topic: Repeating Post Raid?  (Read 7054 times)

CloudFish

Re: Repeating Post Raid?
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 01:08:38 am »
what bothers also, is when people post on a thread with a suggestion that has been stated over and over and over again by people before them, on the same page as the original post. as then the original poster is just bombarded with the same (possibly, in terms of help threads) useless information instead of suggesting not put forward by a person before them
We see 'new' suggestions that have been discussed, 'new' complaints that have already been discussed/brought up as well.
Then again, it may be rather difficult keeping track of every thread that's already been brought up.. Perhaps people don't spend as much time on the forum as some of us do and have completely missed these threads before or don't bother checking different pages to see if it's already been brought up.

while this is the case, it wasn't what i was meaning. i was referring to one thread. one thread that will have a problem for a map. on that thread, there will be four users one after the other suggesting the exact same thing as the one above them. this is what i mean by pointless posting.

i more understand the lack of desire to sift through the posts here for a solution, but it wasn't what i was referring to in the least

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:38 am »
I too tend to keep a notepad in my pc with answers & links for commonly asked questions by other users and so there are many times that I will repeat things I've said in the past if I find that the exact same answer fits the situation. I never just plainly repeat my greetings in the introduction thread though. Of course I sometimes copy paste the usual forum reference links for the rules and help threads etc but I always fully read through the user's intro and make sure to give a personally unique greeting message to each even if it's just mentioning how unique their name or avatar is. Point is I agree that some individuals clearly post just for the sake of gaining a higher number on their post counter rather than actually taking the time to get to know individuals in the community and develop each of their individual post statements. Some of these same users are the ones who open up entirely new threads about topics that have been discussed multiple times and often recently on the same section their posting in. There are even times, as mentioned by CloudFish, that I'll answer someone in the help thread and one of these "Post Scoring" individuals will come and repeat the exact same thing I or someone else already previously said in the same post. It's quite annoying and useless really so I totally understand how you guys feel. At least if a user is going to following under an already answered thread don't repeat the solution that someone else already stated but rather supplement it with a point that will further help the individual ex:
A user asks how to get their character that's stuck out of Fluorite and the next poster answers to use the character reset button. Instead of a hundred other people repeating to use the character reset button maybe take a screenshot of it instead to now back up the previous posts answer with a visual aid.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:16:01 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline SassySeconds

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ~SWEETNESS!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 03:08:48 am »

Offline Shades of Blue

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Avatar lineart by me pic uploaded from google <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 04:29:45 am »
^^ Please allow me to explain how I feel about this Topic.
There is a time and place for such an act like for example what  Ramine said about her thank yous and all, or when you really have nothing else to say, but when repeating posts is used just because someone is lazy or wants to jump the post number it's kind of..how should I put this..Rude and insensitive...Mild harshness there.

Offline #Uzuri#

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Nii-San~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 05:49:31 pm »
^^ Please allow me to explain how I feel about this Topic.
There is a time and place for such an act like for example what  Ramine said about her thank yous and all, or when you really have nothing else to say, but when repeating posts is used just because someone is lazy or wants to jump the post number it's kind of..how should I put this..Rude and insensitive...Mild harshness there.

Agreed, well stated Rain.
Bloody Rabbit >:P