Author Topic: Rant: Requests & Ungrateful People  (Read 11401 times)

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Re: Rant: Requests & Ungrateful People
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:56 pm »
Maybe this could be stickied?  

Just a thought...
I don't think this topic is one to be stickied.. Even though LordS makes a really good point.

And all that makes commission requests really should think about their manners.. And if they aren't pleased with the result - maybe ask nicely if the maker could change that particular thing that bothers them? Instead of discarding all of something the maker might have put alot of work into.

Be honest, in a respectful and kind way~ ;3

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 11:32:12 pm »
I couldn't help but nod at mostly everything you are saying. It's downright sad that some people DO this. :P
Like literally..no joke, this is all true guys. People do this DX
Like someone from Feral Heart wanted me to make them a banner/signature (or whatever you call them) and me being a nice Jaguar, I said "ok sure" they gave me literally no good ref sheet to work off of, so I started sketching...and when I was looking up more about this particular individual to see if they have a better picture of there character...I end up finding like 7-8 pieces of art that did featured them, and none were used as there signature. Also when they posted them on Feral Heart, the user didn't even say a thank you or anything like that....just because its not what they expected. And this made me mad so I turned them down and said "use the other beautifully made signatures you were offered"...and she rudely replied.."But they are ugly, I want your signature drawing."
....... It's just down right rude I'm telling ya. The artist that put there heart on a projects, and then turning them down, it's seriously heart breaking.
Also side note guys, if you are getting a preset for free, then don't complain. I charge for my presets and you have to pay me DA points if you want one from me, but if someone is offering you a preset for free, then BE NICE!! I guess I'm getting to overheated by this cause me being a artist, I do put my heart and time into everything I make..and hearing this really does hit a nerve point for me that some people in fact do, do this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:35:08 pm by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Narkeen

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 03:37:51 pm »
Makes me kinda glad I'm not noticed...being as paranoid as I am.

Why? They take it for granted. For all the wrong reasons.
-If you want it to be done right, do it yourself. -.-

EnderStar

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:06 pm »
Just a few weeks ago I looked at the art request section and noticed a particular individual asking for a certain picture to be made for use as a signature... The artist returned them with a lovely copy of the reference and what did the person do? They never thanked the artist nor did they use the artist's picture in their signature but instead went on requesting the same picture be redone by someone else

This is just terrible. That is... I can't explain how awful that is. For the person who created a preset for the ungrateful person... I feel bad for that artist.

Offline peachbreeze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 12:53:52 pm »
Seriously, if I where you, you should actually stop making presets for people since most of them do not
know how to handle it. I mean, you dont jave to literally stop, but maybe take a break? They shouldn't
be using you for these things, why don't they fix it themselves? >:I
PM them back and complain to them about your preset lolno.
But I would tell them off, just saying. With my fancy words and all :3

.-.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 06:24:17 pm »
This is horrible!  If there is one thing to do not like about the art then simply ask for them to change it when they got the time.  I do have several art pieces of the same character by different people but it is not because I hate them!  It is because I look at their art and think that I would like my own character drawn by this lovely artist.  I have only gotten one request by someone on FH.  She did not thank me but I did notice that she used it for her siggy so I assume she liked it.  I like it when people go on about how perfect your artwork is and how it was just what you wanted.  It makes me feel wonderful!  One person that did this and really made by day was JumperWolf and she is still using my work as her siggy.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 06:40:52 pm »
I agree with this full heartedly, People put their time in it, when they could really be helping someone more grateful. I try to show a huge number of appreciation to people that make anything for me, mainly because It means the world to me, every drawing, every critique. Don't get me wrong, it may seem like I'm not using a drawing, but really, my whole roof in my bedroom is covered with them. People who happen to get a request  are lucky, and they don't realize it because they've never done something for others, never taken time out of THEIR day and be selfless and caring of others. People may even be requesting just for the interest of popularity, but if the drawing isn't to their standards, then they throw it away? That to me is disgusting. Now I don't mean to accuse anyone of anything, but if you ask to for something, and they take time out of their life to make it, appreciate it, and appreciate them.

Wheu.. I could go on forever but for now, I'm done and I got my point out. Thank you sura for bringing this to other people's attention.

Offline BuioUmbra

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 01:19:59 pm »
I really don't like it when someone doesn't appreciate something that another fellow person has put their time into. It might not be exactly what they had imagined it to be but at least appreciate it. They tried their best and the requester should respect that. By not appreciating and being thankful what someone has done for you it hurts the persons feelings. I'm just repeating what other people have said but I had to put my opinion in.
Profile Picture by Kiaz1st on dA

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »

I don't use presets b/c
1-idk how
2-idk what they rly are
so I don't ask for them either
-but-
I do make maps, and sometimes I will have someone who rewuests and they fill out the whole application and ask me to 'please' make it.
Then I have those ppl who make a whole paragraph that I have to read through to find what im looking for and once I give them the map link I never hear a whisper of thanx.
So yeah I see where ur going with this Lord

~Rant over as well

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 02:40:10 am »
Wow, really? What they're doing is just not cool. Their offending the artist by asking a different artist if they could redo it for them. I mean really, haven't these people ever heard of Thanksgiving? They should be grateful. What these users are doing really disgusts me and I hope that they can figure out a way to change their attitudes.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.