Author Topic: Rants: Bullying  (Read 7889 times)

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Rants: Bullying
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 06:35:39 pm »
I really don't see what people think they will accomplish by hurting others. Bullying is a huge problem, not just of Feral-Heart, but in the real world. And the sad thing is, no matter what we do, it never seems to stop.
I'd say blocking them or reporting them for harassment would be a good choice.

Same here, Glitch. People will continue no matter what, and not even give a thought about it.

|| Preset ||

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 06:48:06 pm »
-Huggles Crisis- I'm here for you too.
It's really sad to hear this coming from you Cri. It's sad to hear it coming from anyone, actually. When it comes to Feral Heart bullies, the best thing we can do about their bad behavior is report and block.
If you need someone to talk to and comfort you, you can PM me any time, or whisper me in game.

Don't want to mess up the color coding, so... when my friends blocks Bestox, he uses the block glitch to undo it. He asked me to block him, but I didn't. I think it's unfair to let my friends face that while I'm just a blind person eating bacon, only seeing one part of what's happening.

I've seen him and his trouble making all the time. I will PM you about it, if you need someone to talk to.

Have a species someone doesn't like (Hyenas are often harassed by lions, and foxes are harassed by warrior cats, for example)? You get bullied.

It's ridiculous, and some people really need to grow up.

Ain't that the truth? I would often times get bullied by Warrior Cat roleplayers whenever I was on a fox character. However, it seems to have slowed down nowadays. Now they just ignore me whenever I'm playing as a fox.
Inactive

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 07:53:38 pm »
By coincidence it seems, I happened to come upon a bully on the game today. :c I was on a male character and they told me 'you play a male, but you act like a female. that's odd'. So when I told them I was a female in real life they told me that obviously I'm 'stupid' and 'gender confused', and that I 'obviously don't know what gender I am'. :/ people really are ridiculous...
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 01:16:01 am »
As Feareh and Lady stated, I'm here for you as well. You know we'll help ya through this, to overcome the things you are being put through. You and erry'body else shouldn't have to go through this, 'tis ridiculous to see anybody get bullied.
If you need any help with anything, you know who to come talk to. A small piece of advice though:

When being bullied, don't show any signs of sorrow or embarrassment from them. Instead, take it in and have a good time with it, no matter how harmful it is. Don't counteract the bullying with your own, either. Just let it soak in, and eventually those who are bullying you will lose interest and move on with another person. It's the pain and sorrow they love to give others, for in their eyes it is amusing and they just want to keep doing it to get a few good laughs. Don't let that happen, stay strong for the time being. Even though it seems difficult, no... It'll work out, I'm sure. 'Tis how I overcame my being bullied. Hasn't happened again since then, and I know it will work for all else who have been bullied.

@F a t a l; That's, wow... A number of girls play as a male character. That doesn't mean they are officially weird or strange. It doesn't matter, yar? I often play as a male at times, and I bet they have as well.
It's times like these that you should just ignore them. You can be whatever you desire, there's no need to take opinions from others. Doesn't matter if they be judging or anything, because it's just their opinions and it doesn't mean a thing.

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 03:07:50 pm »
I'm really sorry to hear you've been bullied on FH! ;o

Of course in a social game like FH not everyone will get along nor like eachother but there is no excuse for pure bullying - if you disagree or just dislike someone you should just be the bigger one and leave them be. Or ignore them - but to go out of your way to hurt someone it's not ok.

I really hope this wont happen again, and if it does tell someone when it happens, take screens - there is many that would help and support you through this.

Take care! // Shallow

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »
There is really no point to bullying, though no matter what we do it will continue to happen. The person bullied should know that it's not their fault, it's the bully's. You may have heard this before...but if you or your character are being bullied, surprise the bully with a compliment, kill him/her with kindness, be the better person. Or, if all else fails, block or report them to a moderator.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 06:54:37 pm »
It seems that some believe that just 'cause they've been bullied themselves, they cannot bully someone.
I don't think some realize that they're actually doing such.
Or perhaps some are just blinded by their statuses and don't care or consider how others feel.
I don't know. But it bothers me, especially when I have to watch it happen.
RETIRED.

Offline Delay

• yeah but Red took me to Prom
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 128
    • delayni
    • annoyingdelay
    • View Profile
    • Delayni on DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 07:40:08 pm »
Just want to warn in advance, please don't mention specific users on this thread. You all may discuss and share stories but please no direct flaming of any user in the game or on the forum.

Offline Slyphshadow

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 04:04:09 am »
I'm just saying this very quickly. The people that stand up for those being bullied. (oh, trust me, it happens to me all the time cause I hate seeing others being bullied) get turned on by the community. How is this fair. Literally I will stand up for someone else being picked on by another person or a group, then EVERYONE and their mother wants to jump on me saying it was none of my business. if we're all supposed to be kind to one another and I'm being nice standing up for someone who obviously is in a bad position, why am I suddenly the bad person?

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 04:28:34 am »
Some people, like me, only see themselves as a true form of life and all would see other people as NPC's in a way. That sort of comes with the thought of realizing everything about the world for a second, and bullies sometimes may think they are taking advantage like that thinking they aren't doing any real harm as long as it isn't them.
They are wrong. There are people just like you, and you must view them a real person like you, not just something like an NPC. This is the real world with real people, not just a game filled with NPC's you may wish to pick on whenever you're bored or feel like it.
I honestly stay away from the game Lif as much as possible unless friends are with me such as Cryingmist or Dice, friends from MR because I've been bullied twice. And I can't believe a 10 year old can be so mean and hurt someone such as myself like that. Really, that game needs and update, accounts and rules with staff.
Every game needs that. When you take a look at Lif you will realize what it's like to have a game with no such thing as rules and staff: a bunch of people begging for bloodshed.
Guys, prepare for a very horrible story of me getting bullied. You have no idea how good it feels to have someone to help you sometimes, but with this in my memory I feel so horrible. It was just so wrong of them...

Okay, so I was in a group I wanted to join, and realized it was mapped. (I wasn't that dumb) And so on, I tried to download it. Guess what? LOLNOPE. Don't help the new person known as Hugrf over here, let's just bully the little 9/10 year old and make them feel bad that they don't know how to download maps! -_-
So they kept saying they were riding on stuff. I was very jealous, and all I was asking for was help. But no, all they did was keep on making me jealous of them. Someone though had tried to help me, and then we decided we would try tomorrow. But really, the bullies in that group just still haunt my memory and hurt me deeply.
I'm not trying to make any sob stories here, but seriously, people shouldn't be so mean to young and new people! I really don't get it.

I was also kicked out of a pack and called the B word for just being "illiterate" and "not a good roleplayer." Why does no one give others a chance? I really wish bullying would stop and people would realize how sensitive kids such as myself are. And I mean -12 people. It hurts me deeply, and when I see someone getting hurt like that I don't just stand there. I would stand up, but as BladeRipper said, why should I be the bad person if I'm helping someone?
Do the bullies realize what they are even doing? What I would like to say "So why am I suddenly the bad guy now? You're bullying this member, and don't be all like 'oh, we're not bullying him', you ARE bullying them and you need to stop right now. Go ahead, bully me too for all I care." And then I would block them, perhaps even report them and walk away with the bullied member. I would hopefully remember to do that next time too, I'm tired and sick of bullying.

Bullying is everywhere, AnimalJam, Lif, FLAB3, and all kinds of games. If I were to make a game someday my rules about bullying would be strict, trust me.
It makes me furious when someone starts to bully someone too. I don't like it, and I've felt very horrible after being yelled at by someone. I was left abandoned, unfriended and confused by them afterwards. Though they were yelling at me as an administer of an IT server, that scared me even more. And I'm very young, I believe bullying needs to stop.
It got out of hand really badly in Lif. I shouldn't get out of hand anywhere else.