Author Topic: Anyone Help Me With Making A Map?  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Foreverwolf98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Foreverwolf98 In Game!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART-BurritoCreeper
Anyone Help Me With Making A Map?
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:33:18 pm »
Ok, my problem is when i hit export and give people whatever files they need, some objects do not show some are special mostly but the ones that aren't don't sometimes show either. This happened in my warrior cat map before it didn't show some of the objects and they were the ones that came with it, I couldn't even see them myself. They just dissappeared. BUT how can i make it that people can see the objects i downloaded from others and put in my map WITHOUT them having to download them also to see them? Any one? This problem has been bugging me for a long time, i trid finding out how on my own but i do not know how to fix it.
My icon is made and drawn by myself, I have no interest in stealing anything from anyone.
Hello, when I first joined I wasn't such an outgoing person, but now I am. So feel free to talk if you ever see me on FeralHeart, I'd love to chat with someone to pass the time away.
Thank You~

Offline Binks

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Awesomeness: 5867
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Help Me With Making A Map?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:38:33 pm »
OKAY this sounds kindof like a problem with object names and groups!
now this is confusing how this works but, heres my idea (im probably way off)

When you get a new object and go to save it in the object maker, which group do you save it under?
Lets say you download a giraffe! everything's working fine and you come to the point where you have to save mr giraffe in an objects group. The issue could be that your saving him under on the of groups that came with the game:
"Default
miscellaneous
my plants
my trees
my rocks"
and so on, now if you do save mr giraffe in one of these groups, then nobody will be able to see him. BUT if you make a custem group, for example:
"African Animals"
anyone that explores your map should be able to see mr giraffe. as long as you send them the exported group file, that would be "African Animals.fho" in this example.

i hope i helped, also i hoped i didn't just say something you already knew.. i tend to do that alot!

Offline Foreverwolf98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Foreverwolf98 In Game!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART-BurritoCreeper
Re: Anyone Help Me With Making A Map?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »
Thanks so much! c:
This is helping me and yes i know what your saying to its not confusing xD
Mr Giraffe FTW Cx
My icon is made and drawn by myself, I have no interest in stealing anything from anyone.
Hello, when I first joined I wasn't such an outgoing person, but now I am. So feel free to talk if you ever see me on FeralHeart, I'd love to chat with someone to pass the time away.
Thank You~