Author Topic: Unusual Crashing  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
Unusual Crashing
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:02:33 pm »
This is an issue that sprung up over the weekend, because its never happened to me before and I've been running the updated version since release, but I suddenly seem to be crashing constantly trying to get into every single map regardless of population levels.
I do not think its my mod work causing it as I run a separate version of FH for that off my external drive.

But this started as maybe one crash every so often but now its crashing up to fifteen times in a row before letting me actually load into a place.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue or would perhaps know why this is happening so much to my game?
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual Crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 02:13:41 pm »
Try paying a visit to your 'particles' folder and see if you have any  _1 or _0 files in there, and delete them.
If this doesn't work, then you may have to run the game as administrator/uninstall & reinstall.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:51:28 pm »
Also, I may add, try changing your rendering system around, that might be causing the crashes.
Definitely check the particle duplicates though it's happened to me before.

Hope it fixes soon!<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 01:00:15 am »
Hmm. This could also definitely be an issue with graphics drivers. I would definitely check into making sure yours are updated or maybe reinstalling the video card drivers you already have.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 12:10:57 am »

Have you tried playing the game without your modification? Do you notice any difference if you play without it?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:23:39 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 08:56:40 pm »

Have you tried playing the game without your modification? Do you notice any difference if you play without it?

When I play the game its self, I'm running it from a separate install to anything with my work in progress or testing mod work on it. I've had a few graphics card detection problems with another game today however, so I'm wondering now if my card might be dying and causing it.

But I'll uninstall and reinstall FH this weekend though, see f it clears up (if not its the card for sure)

Thanks for trying to help though guys <3
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:16 pm »
When I play the game its self, I'm running it from a separate install to anything with my work in progress or testing mod work on it. I've had a few graphics card detection problems with another game today however, so I'm wondering now if my card might be dying and causing it.

But I'll uninstall and reinstall FH this weekend though, see f it clears up (if not its the card for sure)

Thanks for trying to help though guys <3

Good idea! I wish you luck.... computers are a pain.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.