Author Topic: Maps (Meshes Not Showing Up).  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Indi246

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Maps (Meshes Not Showing Up).
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:45:01 pm »
So, I have quite a few maps. All of which they work perfectly, except for one thing. When I am in the process of installing one into FH, say, when I am inserting files into the "exports" and "media (my_objects, trees, ect)" folders, it asks to replace, which I do. But, when I enter a map, most of its meshes, such as trees, rocks, stuff like that, does not show up. I guess it's because I replace them with new ones when I get a new map? If not, please suggest what I can do to prevent this from happening.  :)

Also, I have sound a solution; to re-copy and paste a map's files where they belong into the main FH folder when I want to go on it. However, this is quite annoying to do every time I want to just simply enter a map.  :P

Thanks.   ;D

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
Re: Maps (Meshes Not Showing Up).
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 06:52:25 pm »
When you replace things like that in your exports I think (Correct me if I am wrong) you can't see them because they are not in your ''My_Objects'', ''My_Trees'', etc. when you go into Map Maker, Object Maker, Etc. Thus not seeing them in the map. Because the map has messed with the default object groups you may need to delete all your maps (Make sure to create back up copies somewhere else!) and then put the map you are having trouble with back in your FeralHeart folders first and then try that.

If you need more help you can always contact FeralHeart member
Thierry (http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=profile&u=28190)

I hope this helped you some!

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 08:20:47 pm »
It is because the file names are the same. When replacing them you my need to rename each of the map's object files so you don't mess them up the next time you download a map. That is why some meshes aren't showing up. Hope you can get it fixed!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Indi246

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:10:55 pm »
Thanks you guys. One day I will get round to deleting the maps an re-installing them, which is no big deal. Thanks again! It has helped a bunch.  :)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 11:02:39 pm »
Locking this topic since the question was answered. Feel free to post another topic or contact a staff member like myself if you have further questions or seek advice.